Can't remove 'emissions/main service inspection' error

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteH66

Car
2004 W211 E500
My 2004 W211 E500 is showing the annoying 'emissions/main service performed on time?' warning.

I've followed the instructions on many Youtube videos and tried the instructions in the handbook, gone into the service menu and reset the date for both to 2040 or some such future year, 'confirmed' the selection and the warnings are still showing on start-up.

Am I missing something or do I need a STAR machine to reset the warnings? Would something like the iCarsoft i980 be able to clear the message?

Cheers,

Pete

I believe it’s done on timing although beeps as an error. Annoying as my E320 W211 did the same thing.

There’s instructions on line as go how to access the service menu. I then set the dates of mine so far in the future they’ll never come back up haha

YouTube should show you how to access that menu mate.

Cheers Alex - I've done the menu thing and reset the date but I'm still getting the warnings, I was just wondering if on my model year W211 it's something that needs to be done on a STAR machine

Air filter been changed? IIRC you need STAR to tell the car a new filter has been fitted

Cheers Alex - I've done the menu thing and reset the date but I'm still getting the warnings, I was just wondering if on my model year W211 it's something that needs to be done on a STAR machine

Mine is a 2003 so similar era. It took me a few goes before I managed it though. I thought I would have to use a fault reader to clear it.

Couldn’t comment on the air filter part, not something I’ve come across before.

Air filter been changed? IIRC you need STAR to tell the car a new filter has been fitted
Not sure TBH - it's got quite a comprehensive service history and was last serviced in November, no mention of an air filter then.

Mine is a 2003 so similar era. It took me a few goes before I managed it though. I thought I would have to use a fault reader to clear it.

Couldn’t comment on the air filter part, not something I’ve come across before.
Maybe I'll go back and try a different date; I've set it to 2040, so maybe it's too far ahead!

I have the same problem with my 2005, 211 55k at the moment. Changed the air filters without a problem. Have had an oil change along with the MOT.
I cannot reset the two codes and cannot change the whole date. I can alter the date and month but not the year, it is greyed out. I have tried a few times to confirm these but don’t clear.
Am wondering if the exhaust could be linked to a remap I had last year and has just surfaced. Secondary cats and res removed ?.
The service indicators show dates until next service and days to go. Think I will leave them until the brake fluid is due and get it looked at then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just to update (and resurrect!) this thread, I mentioned the issue to my indie when I took the car there for something else, he had a look and connected the car to STAR and still couldn't clear the messages - he thought it might be a faulty central gateway module - anyone else had this? If i can find a secondhand one, is it just a question of swapping the old one out, or does the new one need to coded on STAR?

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom