Can't Replace Outlook Express

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
My wife has an Acer One XP netbook and unfortunately Outlook Express isn't working very well any more and I think it needs reinstalled. Anyway it appears I can't download it anymore and the replacement for express only works on windows 7. Can anyone suggest a way around this or another piece of software which can replace outlook express easily and will import the settings. Many thanks!

I suggest using MS Outlook assuming you have office installed on your PC.

It comes packaged with IE6 so roll back to IE6 and you can install it from there.

It comes packaged with IE6 so roll back to IE6 and you can install it from there.

I uninstalled IE and Chrome (and every bit of tat I found!) then used the add windows setup feature to reinstall Express and guess what outlook express is working properly again!! Thanks for input guys:)

try pocomail, try it free and its not expensive to buy............ BIG advantage is it doesn't use the outlook engine (most mail programs do) and therefore doesn't suffer any of the virus problems.

I uninstalled IE and Chrome (and every bit of tat I found!) then used the add windows setup feature to reinstall Express and guess what outlook express is working properly again!! Thanks for input guys:)

Everything is working properly now. Thanks for everyones input:)

Who is your ISP?
BT Broadband

You can allways get your emails from:-
Sign in to BT Yahoo! Online,
it will ask you to logon with your email id and password and away you go.
Also Mozilla of Firefox do a free email I think its called Thunderbird, I havent tried it though

Its a netbook so I can't run my office CD on it. However making progress...

copy the cd to a USB memory key if you do not have a usb CD drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom