Can't see shared files

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

artyman

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Kia E-Niro ex C 200 CDI Sport
I previously watched MP4 videos stored on my PC on my TV which is connected via the router. Attempting to do so now brings up the message no storage device available. I've been back in the ensure the Folder is shared, but still no joy. This is since the upgrade to Win 10 as I haven't used the facility for a while I'm assuming it's a Win 10 issue as opposed to my Samsung TV. Has anyone any suggestions.

Yes it shows as part of the network

I'm assuming that the TV is pretty new, given that it's networkable, so it's likely to have a USB port. You could copy a file onto a USB stick and see if it plays from there, if so this will confirm that the problem's at the PC end (assuming you haven't changed anything else on the network).

Cheers,

Gaz

If the files are there but you can't access them then it's a permissions problem. The share will have users & groups associated with it and the TV will have to be one of the users to see the files

If you look at how the TV logs into the share, and what credentials it presents (username, password), then you should be able to see what to change in Windows to allow it access to the share

I imagine that the upgrade to Windows 10 has caused the problem so the solution will lie in the PC

Nick Froome

Also make sure that Network Discovery is enabled on the Network Interface on the PC.

And check that you can access the share OK from another PC on the network using the PC's Netbios name or LAN IP.

I'll try the USB stick tomorrow, but don't have another PC to test.

Had the same problem since the Win 10 update...

After several months of investigstion and swearing, I gave up and listened to the radio.

Well after last nights Win 10 update, guess what! my files have now appeared and I can watch them on the TV without the faffing about to stick them on a USB stick. Problem solved, well until Mickysoft break it again with another update!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom