Cant set clock s211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herishi

Car
2007 E280 Sport
It's

My battery went flat the other day causing my clock to go to 12:00.

I have since tried to set the time on the dash, the date sets fine but the time never changes :-S

I have since fitted a command ntg2.5 as I heard that with command fitted it took the time from radio.

However this hasn't worked either, what am I missing?

Steve

Since fitting COMAND have you had the car coded using STAR?

No not yet, but I believe merc85 has the same issue and his had comand 1 fitted from the factory

No not yet, but I believe merc85 has the same issue and his had comand 1 fitted from the factory

It was when the clocks went back i couldn't change it so just had to wait till they went forward again lol

Can I ask how you are trying to change the clock? I'd owned mine just under a year before I found out, and I remember panicking about being late once, not realising that eta on the satnav was an hour out because of the clocks changing!

Do you have a SERV button on the COMAND? If you do then press it and you'll see a softkey appear on the screen which is called "system". Go into this and there will be a date and time option. I had been wondering as well. Mine had been one hour slow since i got my car in May.

It's quite cool when you do it because after using the COMAND, the analogue clock quickly speeds round tiger dial to get to the new time. Hope this helps. I know that not all of the cars have the same buttons on the centre console.

Don't you just pull the reset button out as you did before the comand was in there?

Edit: No, you set the time in the cluster and then hit the stick on the left, press it in to confirm.

Disconnect battery at 2mins to midday, reconnect dead on 12 and your clock will be correct

Setting on the cluster no longer works. I think I'll have to do the reconnect at 12:00 trick though it seems crazy that there is other way.

Tried disconnecting the battery for 45 mins to see If the clock would respond to the set time in the cluster menu but no joy

If you are receiving satellites then your comand should receive the time and communicate it over canbus.

Eliminate the GPS antenna as that is the first link in the chain.

Next is the comand unit itself. Then canbus and finally the cluster.

If all of these are functioning correctly then the time will auto update for daylight savings etc and always be perfectly accurate.

I guess the reason its not working then is due to the fact I havent had the car coded to display the sat nav stuff on the cluster??

Not found anyone locally with star to enable it :)

Im in Farnborough in a couple of weeks so I'll drop in on Richard and Alfie at command online if I still havent had it done.

I get satellites and the comand unit time is correct, just the dash thats wrong and it ignores the data input in the cluster menu

RESOLVED

Got the local Indy to configure my car to the new comand unit and now the clock is fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom