Car advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

A close family member has asked me to come up with ideas for his new car and I'm struggling to give him advice so thought I'd see if anyone can give some because I've hit a brick wall!

Budget: up to £7k

In a nutshell he likes a Lexus LS 430/460 but can't quite get excited enough about them. Likes R32's.

Criteria:
No diesels (unless it's the Phaeton V10)

Ideally at least six cylinders.

No diesels.

No BMW's, 4x4's or *cough* Mercedes.

No diesels.

Can be anything in between a big smoker or a fast hatchback.

(Did I mention no diesels?)

TIA.

Ideas only......

4 cylinder-
SAAB 9-3, Mazda 6,

Volvo C/V 60/70

6 cylinder + :-
Honda did/do a big saloon/estate in V6, Mondeo St220,

I'd go for a big Volvo or the Mondeo ST....... there are lots of well looked after, low mileage examples with FSH.

Last edited:
Audi S4/S3, Golf R32, TT 3.2 V6 (mk1)

I've got a pal who's selling his mk2 tt 3.2 v6. If your pal is interested I can have word.

If he likes the Lexus LS430 but does not find it exciting, how about the Lexus SC430?

Mondeo titanium x or ghia with the 5cyl 2.5t from the focus. Cracking car fully loaded and if he is minded to an intercooler and remap would give a safe and reliable 270bhp. 7k would easily get a low miles mint one. My Fil has a ghia and its really nice.

Is there some kind of French barge that fits the bill?

Honda Civic Type R??

Some great suggestions so far, thank you.

He's going to view an S4 Avant Saturday, but the Type-R suggestion is definitely one I'd not even thought of.

Nissan 350z?

I had one a while ago, it was rather impractical but great fun and very cheap to service compared with some other marques I could mention...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom