Car Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting comment about the oil. Is there any evidence that points to excessive wear at 100k or so? Use the right oil and don't drive like a loon and all will be good I would have thought (being a researcher in lubrication and wear!) Oils and bearings are so good now that its difficult to even make stuff wear out on purpose...

My 535d at 50k miles and full BMW service history had a really clogged oil filter when I checked it so after that I reduced the interval.

A friend's 520d F10 recently suffered catastrophic big end failure. When the engine was inspected the cause was sludge build up blocking the oil pickup. The car had approximately 104k miles and it had a full BMW service history.

I am quite set on a 2012 BMW 320d SE that I have found. Full BMW service history. Recently had the EGR valve done. 2 owners. Private sale.
Probably the best all round car of its era then /price now. had one way back. Unreal MPG (Often saw 70mpg on a motorway legal speed run) yet still quick, reliable and comfortable

Probably the best all round car of its era then /price now. had one way back. Unreal MPG (Often saw 70mpg on a motorway legal speed run) yet still quick, reliable and comfortable

I despise BMW as a brand but I have to say….. this is one of the best cars I have driven. MPG is insane, comfortable drive and handles country lanes like a 4x4. Nice interior that’s not too fussy. Put it into sports mode and it’s a different beast again! I am very impressed with it. Still can’t get over the MPG

It's issues with upper bearing shells wearing through and spot welding to the crank and out comes a leg .

Affects about three engine codes and one is more popular .

I am in the need of a new (second hand) car for day to day drive. I currently have an SLK but am in the process of selling it as it sadly no longer meets my needs as I am doing more work with horses than I was last year....
omegle ometv
I am looking to spend a max of 8K. The car needs to be an automatic, with good MPG that wont have any issues being driven around country lanes. Any ideas? Much appreciated
According to my first make sure the oil has been changed regularly and change the oil well before the idrive reminds you. The BMW service intervals are very long, like 19k miles or more, and that is not good once you reach 100k miles (the infrequent oil changes start to take their toll).

The 320d is surprisingly fast and economical.

According to my first make sure the oil has been changed regularly and change the oil well before the idrive reminds you. The BMW service intervals are very long, like 19k miles or more, and that is not good once you reach 100k miles (the infrequent oil changes start to take their toll).

The 320d is surprisingly fast and economical.

I've decided to get the oil changed earlier than the recommended service interval!

Now if only I could sell this SLK. I haven't had a single call about it despite it being one of the cheapest in the country and absolutely perfect!

Wrong time of year to be selling a convertible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom