car alarm fright

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Well, I just took a 1 minute trip around my car at 1:35am with a maglite to see if it has been broken into. Bl00min' car alarm went off! Everything looks fine, so I'm gonna go back to bed. I pressed the anti-tow button and the internal sensor button so hopefully it won't do the same thing again tonight.
I reckon it was a neighbours cat jumping on and off it all night, i wouldn't mind but she's already done some nice damage to the bootlid and the bonnet! :(

*sigh* my heart's nearly stopped!

I know what you mean about cats. I caught one of mine clawing away at my back tires last night, and the other one decided to jump inside the car as I was about to get in.

I also had an "encounter" with a squirrel last night. Damn thing ran out in front of me, making me 'test' the brakes. Disaster avoided, I commenced the drive again, only to see the squirrel turn around and run straight into the drivers door!

I guess that is why we are top of the food chain :)

--
Antony

Originally posted by bloodmoon
I also had an "encounter" with a squirrel last night.
Steve (MBenzNL) hasn't mentioned what happens when you hit a squirrel head-on, however he has tested the C36 front apron against a badger and a hare/rabbit, both times the C36 bumper folded! :eek:

Originally posted by Shude
Steve (MBenzNL) hasn't mentioned what happens when you hit a squirrel head-on, however he has tested the C36 front apron against a badger and a hare/rabbit, both times the C36 bumper folded! :eek:

Reminds me of an incident years ago when a friend of mine hit a little Muntjack (Monkjack?) deer with his Fiesta, damn nearly wrote the car off but the deer ran off, we tried to find it to make sure it was OK but it was nowhere to be seen.

I doubt if a cat could set the motion alarm off, more likely a fly, moth or spider inside the car near the sensors.

hehe, and speaking of spiders...

I have had my Merc 3 days and already the spiders have moved in. I have a web and spider on the passenger side mirror, and a web in the engine bay.

At least they have good taste :p

--
Antony

Originally posted by bloodmoon
I have had my Merc 3 days and already the spiders have moved in. I have a web and spider on the passenger side mirror, and a web in the engine bay.

At least they have good taste :p
Let's hope they catch all those pesky flies, wasps and moths then :)

Originally posted by Shude
Let's hope they catch all those pesky flies, wasps and moths then :)

...but can they catch the moths that fly out of my wallet when it opens??? :p :bannana: :rock:

Originally posted by weebobster
...but can they catch the moths that fly out of my wallet when it opens??? :p :bannana: :rock:
The trick is to never open the wallet far enough for them to escape :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom