Car alarm problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
Not sure where to post this - so mods please move if necessary.

Ok, Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian 2010. Late this afternoon I was loading up with tools for tomorrow. Had just finished and slammed the load cover. Never happened before but the alarm went off.
I've tried both keys and neither will operate the central locking.
I can start the engine. But I cant stop the alarm.
On the dashboard there is a button size thing which flashes when the vehicle is locked and I tried pressing this with no success.
Alarm indicator.jpgThere is nothing in the manual regarding the alarm so I suspect it is an upgrade fitted when the vehicles arrive in the UK.

At the moment all I have been able to do to stop the alarm is disconnect the battery.

Anyone have knowledge on how to re-set this alarm?

Not sure where to post this - so mods please move if necessary.

Ok, Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian 2010. Late this afternoon I was loading up with tools for tomorrow. Had just finished and slammed the load cover. Never happened before but the alarm went off.
I've tried both keys and neither will operate the central locking.
I can start the engine. But I cant stop the alarm.
On the dashboard there is a button size thing which flashes when the vehicle is locked and I tried pressing this with no success.
View attachment 106916There is nothing in the manual regarding the alarm so I suspect it is an upgrade fitted when the vehicles arrive in the UK.

At the moment all I have been able to do to stop the alarm is disconnect the battery.

Anyone have knowledge on how to re-set this alarm?
Maybe having the battery disconnected long enough will reset it?

Hope it's that simple.
Lots of googling suggests that it may be a cobra alarm.
Hopefully in daylight tomorrow I can find the siren & maybe able to trace the wiring to a fuse.
Puzzled why central locking wasn't working when the alarm went off. Iirc it was locked when the alarm first went off so central locking must have worked once to let me in.

Batteries were replaced in both keys about 6 weeks ago. Main battery is generally good but it has at unused for the last couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom