car auction or buyers sites ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pagzzy

hi guys i was wondering if any one has used a auction site or we will buy any car sites to sell there previous cars.

im in 2 minds with the current recession i think private buyers maybe har to come and may have to look into other ways of selling my previous car.

has anyone had any experience with this

thanks

wbac will offer bottom auction prices as thats where a lot of their buys go.
they also try to knock you down when you go in person.

a good car should find buyers if marketted in the right way and place.

what is it?

Autotrader online works best for me, and I tend to sell 2 cars a year, always gone within a week.

The online only advert is £15, allows you to put up 12 decent pictures and write 1000 words, so you can get in all the essential info that means people will only call you when serious. Include full spec., mileage, history, brake and tyre wear remaining and all the bad bits, you will have to tell them anyway, and definitely include an email address, loads of people are not able to call during the day but can blip an email no problem, I would say 10 of my last dozen cars have been done through email and only the final arrangements done over the phone.

I do also put a classified ad on ebay, for the £10 or whatever it is, it does allow you to get a nice advert together.

Good luck.

hi guys i was wondering if any one has used a auction site or we will buy any car sites to sell there previous cars.

thanks

Sold my last car on Ebay and got what I wanted for it. Also bought my 2 current cars there and will shortly sell one of them on it too. Would also use Auto Trader.

I think as long as you put the time into your advert making sure the description is complete, detailing any problems honestly while still selling the good points and providing lots of nice piccies you will always attract buyers. As always with selling make sure any minor problems are attended to and the car is as presentable as you can make it. Incidentally, I read somewhere that Friday and Sunday early evening was best time to end an auction. Don't know if that's true but I saw most watchers added for mine during these times.

I personally wouldn't go near WBAC or similar outfit. Would expect to get rock bottom price only from these guys.

Hope this helps and you get what you're after. What are you selling?

I am looking and browse Autotrader, ebay, autoquake and local BCA sales. Autotrader is the most searchable and their adverts backed with an ebay album are attractive. I never bother with traders that list standard features and options together. Please include service history details. Email is essential for me.

A dertailed, well structured ad with outline of service history, decent photos and a fair price will see it gone pronto. I also agree with email - very easy to fire off some questions etc.

I would avoid "no messers, no timewasters, too many options to list, director's car, highway miles" or any of that utter drivel that you see listed. And certainly, leave off the "no offers". Time and again I see this, including from dealers, and lo and behold, the price drops. Cross that bridge when you have someone in front of you asking to buy the car and allow 'haggle room' - everyone want to get something off, even if just a nominal amount.

Overall, if the car is priced sensibly it will go sell very quickly.

by far the best way to go is eBay. Lots of nice photos, lots of space for a clear, attractive advert.

if you want to get rid, just put the reserve a hundred or so (to make it worth it) above whatever Webuyanycar.com offer you.

rememeber to put that you are bidding to buy and not to view and to also only allow certain bidders. any 0 rating should email 1st or bid removed etc etc; the usual stuff.

all i got from autotrader was our Nigerian friends asking if i would ship the car there for 5 times its value.

good luck.

Depends on the car also (what is it?) with Pistonheads being an option.

And don't stuff around buyers! I just backed out of a near certain purchase on a W220 S500L this morning so it will be interesting to see if he actually sells it now.

As car adverts are a favourite haunt of the Lads from Lagos it might be worth getting a disposable gmail address just for the sale.

wbac will offer bottom auction prices as thats where a lot of their buys go.
they also try to knock you down when you go in person.

a good car should find buyers if marketted in the right way and place.

what is it?

it a 2003 bmw 330ci . i only problem is the car does need a little work . the body has a key scratches and the alloys arent the best looking. but i really dont want to put any money in to sell it .
i will have a look at the suggestion ... will look into some free sites first i have till december to sort this so... hopefully

A 330ci will sell well if right, the scratch will be £150 or thereabouts and will scare people away if not done as many expect it to be hundreds to sort.
I would forget the alloys as many won't care.

If right it will get good money and sell quick.

Would it worth me giving chipsaway a call to sort the scratch out I have a feeling BMW will charge large amounts.

Anyone used the mobile services

Don't use chips away, and don't use BMW, take it to a local body shop.
I just had the whole of the rear quarter sprayed on a car as it had been keyed, and they charged me £180 for that. It is perfect.

Ask on here for recommendations of body shops in your area.

thanks for the feedback.....

would anyone know any good bodyshops in north london ?

thanks for the info guys .mb have come back with 5.5k for the part ex in a months time.
current value is 7k i recon while looking on autotrader and other sites..
as mine does need some bodywork and tyres etc... i may just trade it in ...

what do you recon ?

If they are retailing for £7k and it needs £500 of prep. work then I wold take it, advertise at £7k and you may only get £6k anyway.

got offered 6k with no prep work .. think im gonna sell

thanks for the help guys

[FONT=&quot]You can google them) I’m sure you’ll find some.[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom