Car Audio Direct, ICE-T9 21st March 04

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I maybe up for this, Ill have to see how things are going nearer the time. I'm interested to see the different installs out there... :)

Graham, i should be there mate, hopefully my car will be out hte body shop and all the probs fixed with it, although i had no bass just before i stripped the boot out, hope i havent blown my amp again!

Alps said:
Graham, i should be there mate, hopefully my car will be out hte body shop and all the probs fixed with it, although i had no bass just before i stripped the boot out, hope i havent blown my amp again!
Excellent. I would really like to see/hear your install and it would be good to have some serious contenders representing the MB crowd!

The thing that amuses me everytime is most of the cars that arrive are Pug 106 1 litre XL base models or similar!

Hopefully Tony, one of the Oxford Car Audio techies will also call in like last year (who myself and Koolvin pounced on and subsequently came to the last GTG at Maff's house). He also has a Silver C36 running 18" AMG's and would be so cool to see your cars side by side......not to mention drooling at his ICE again.

Are any more of you tempted? :D

GrahamC230K said:
Excellent. I would really like to see/hear your install and it would be good to have some serious contenders representing the MB crowd!

The thing that amuses me everytime is most of the cars that arrive are Pug 106 1 litre XL base models or similar!

Hopefully Tony, one of the Oxford Car Audio techies will also call in like last year (who myself and Koolvin pounced on and subsequently came to the last GTG at Maff's house). He also has a Silver C36 running 18" AMG's and would be so cool to see your cars side by side......not to mention drooling at his ICE again.

Are any more of you tempted? :D

Very tempting.... :confused:
I'll see if i'm free on the 21st.

i was gonna try and get to ICE T 9 (registered on the car audio direct forums - talkaudio and am a member of team talkaudio) but cant make it (there is a small west yorkshire meet going on on the 7th march tho that i will be at)

i am gonna try and get to T-10 tho

Last edited:
ok it may make you laugh that a lot fo the care are basline 106/saxos but think of it these lads are my age and crippled by insurance (wonder if the react system lads will have there walled ford fiesta ready by then)

samuelellis said:
ok it may make you laugh that a lot fo the care are basline 106/saxos but think of it these lads are my age and crippled by insurance (wonder if the react system lads will have there walled ford fiesta ready by then)
It does make me chuckle, but no knocking them, ICE is obviously thir priority.

Some of the installs on show are serious, serious systems - I think to be honest, cost is not much of a concern when you see the lenghts some have gone too.

Great events anyway. I havn't been on talkaudio for ages, but they are always helpfull when I need help and I get my kit from the Marston Oxford Car Audio Shop.

Hope you can come KLP 92 - your car will knock me and "them" out!

OK, this is NEXT Sunday now.

KLP, Alps, Maff

Are you guys definatley going?

Myself, a friend, my brother and hopefully Koolvin will be there.

i did actually forget abt it!, yep def going, car is ready, sounds are back in, im there already!

I will be there 100%, be it in a lowly 306...
Have just chucked some ICE in for the weekend, nothing amazing though... :crazy:

See you there,
Ricky

ricky,

come and say hi, i`ll be in mine!

if the weather is nice I'll be along....

Blaupunkt woodstock DAB 53
Alpine v12 amp
cheap n' nasty amp for bass
focal polyglass components

On the off chance.......

V12/Alps/Anyone - I am experimenting at the moment - if anyone has a spare amp they could bring for testing/potential sale - at least 150w rms mono/bridged I would appreciate it.

Graham, i will have 3 or 4 amps i am bringing to sell (and more other toys).
One is a 2 channel that will do 200wRMS bridged £50 if you want it. Absolutely mint.

Or we could stick my 1400wRMS amp on it and smell some burnt voice coils.

:devil:

V12 said:
Graham, i will have 3 or 4 amps i am bringing to sell (and more other toys).
One is a 2 channel that will do 200wRMS bridged £50 if you want it. Absolutely mint.

Or we could stick my 1400wRMS amp on it and smell some burnt voice coils.

:devil:
I would like to take you up on that possibly - basically I have got a 10" JL from Guy. It sounds very very nice, but is distorting sooner than I would have expected - but it's likely my 100w Kenwood is not up to the new job.

So basically I want to try a more meaty amp. I will be there for 10am I hope - I would appreciate 1st refusal if you can.

Ok, no problems, first dibs for you...
I will be rolling in later in the day, about 2.30.
Watch out for me, blue/green 306 saloon with 17's, probably covered in filth...

Is it a W0 or a W3?
Whatever Jl you have, they are renowned for being underated...
I presume its a W0 from the power you want, if so, this will probably be perfect, headroom if anything.

Specs HERE

They are made by the rockford corperation, and i was very surprised how well this did for ma budget amp, you will understand when you hear it.

Ricky

P.S. ever wire in your mic for the fone kit? ;)

GrahamC230K said:
I would like to take you up on that possibly - basically I have got a 10" JL from Guy. It sounds very very nice, but is distorting sooner than I would have expected - but it's likely my 100w Kenwood is not up to the new job.

So basically I want to try a more meaty amp. I will be there for 10am I hope - I would appreciate 1st refusal if you can.

See you guys there. Forecast looks OK - I am about 17 miles away by road and here the gales have died and the sky is blue and promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom