Car Care Plan Warranties?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sinewave

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 520 M-Sport Touring, Kawasaki ZX10R KRT (AMG Eater!)
Picking up a E320 CDi Sport Estate next weekend from a non-franchised dealer and have a week to decide if I would like the above warranty with it.

Car is 2007 with 90K on the clock FMBSH

Warranty comes out at £450 / £750 or £999 for 1 to 3 years Ultimate warranty cover.

What do you guys reckon and or any alternative recomendations??

Cheers in advance :)

Apparently they administer the warranty on Volvo used cars, just got a new gearbox out of them which "technically" was not covered under warranty, so I say good.

There is so much to go wrong with an E320 that it needs a warranty and a grand for 3 years sounds good to me!

Appologies for the bump!

Anyone else got any input?

Cheers!

I paid £800 for a 1year warranty on my 2005 E55 last September. Higher risk though, granted. It's with Warranty Direct. I didn't think to haggle over the price, though. I understand now that they can be flexible.

They are ok, barring the usual bumfluffery when it comes to paying out. The Prestige cover includes wear & tear and MOT failure. The initial inspection they did revealed more about the inspector's ignorance than any faults with the car, eg gear lever start button not operational (He didn't apply footbrake). Too many other mistakes to bore you with.

Unfortunately I have had the need to use them and after wrangling, they do come good.

I don't know how to look at your prospective warranty details - am a bit of a Luddite when it comes to computers, sorry! Have you tried googling reviews on the product? Might be worth a go. Agree with the previous post - repairs can be rather costly and detract from the enjoyment of ownership without adequate cover.

Not much help, i know, sorry. If it's a policy offered by the vending dealer, then they may carry some weight with the insurers should you find yourself stuck. And the price seems reasonable. If it's transferrable to a new owner, that can be handy if you sell.

Hoping you won't need it in any case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom