Car cover Mercedes c class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercabhi

Car
Merc C class
Hi,

I have got new Mercedes c class 66 model.

Can someone please advise where can I get good car cover? Also does car cover have any impact on metallic black colour ( my car colour)?

Request for your expert guidance, thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Mercabhi

If its for indoors, coverzone Voyager, Ive used them for years, really lightweight too

If its for outdoors, be careful of loose fitting covers scratching the paintwork in the wind.
I wouldn't use one outdoors personally.

Chap called Greg runs Coveryourcar.co.uk and I've had several covers from them which I've been impressed with.

I have a Monsoon cover on my Twingo 133 which is a slightly rubberised material and heavy so it doesn't move around. I had the car under it for 3 years or so without removing the cover something I was aware I should have done but the paintwork was absolutely fine.

I had used a Stormforce cover which is a lighter material but I used to find that it would move more or corners would life up. The Monsoon cover is a lot heavier and in turn never moves around.

In terms of using a cover, many detailer types would recommend against them. I've been into detailing for years and I've also used car covers for years as well. All I will say is, prior to covering make sure your car is clean, really clean and dry.

When you fit the cover, make sure you secure the straps underneath tight as it will reduce any movement.

Also in terms of using Coveryourcar I can vouch for their customer service. I bought a cover which I didn't get round to using for 3-4 months, just kept it in it's carry bag until I needed it. Came to fit it and realised it was the wrong one that they'd sent. Considering the length of time I'd had it I wasn't expecting much but they asked for the codes on the cover, arranged a courier for the old cover and sent me the right one.

I uncovered my Twingo 133 in the summer last year and all it needed was a hand polish and wax.

Last edited:
Just beware of covers that some suppliers will claim are waterproof, when in fact they aren't. Anything that looks like a golf ball texture isn't waterproof, its water resistant - very different.

A good cover, used properly and well fitting, won't harm your car at all. I use covers on my own cars.

I use www.classicadditions.co.uk for all my covers.

Fantastic covers and really nice company to deal with.

Here is an image of my Triumph TR3a in its cover:
IMG_0717_zpsdrbzj4qs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

One quick point: when using a cover you need to try to be disciplined about folding it and storing it off the floor. Most just take it off and leave it on the floor when driving off, which means it then picks up grit which will then scratch your pride and joy when it goes back on.

The detailing boys can give much more detail about the rectification issues later on.

Another factor to consider is how often you're putting the cover on and off. Some of us leave our cars garaged for weeks, which makes it all less of an issue than once a week use.

Agreed - a good method when taking off also makes it quicker and easier to put back on.

To take off I suggest folding a cover in 1-2ft folds from both ends until its draped over the car at the base of the windscreen, then fold up both ends and put it back in its bag.

Reversing the process makes it much quicker when putting it back on.

I have one from this company on my SL until we can move to a house that has a garage.

Covercraft Europe Custom Fit WeatherShield HP Car Covers

I'm very pleased with it, it fits very well and doesn't flap around and it keeps the car bone dry.

Water beads on the surface of the cover as though it has a wax coating.

It was £476 delivered and was made to order.

phtiU4V.jpg

Last edited:
Covercraft covers are really good, though as the OP didnt specify indoor or outdoor we could do with a bit more detail ?
I fudged it by posting a picture of an indoor cover outdoors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom