Car Cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rosso1

Car
SL500
Guys I am on the look out for a outside car cover.

What make do you guys recommend?

Anyone on here got one for sale for SL model?

I too have the Classic Additions one for my R107 SL which is stored outside all year round and after 5 years it is still going well. After the first 2 or 3 years, it did start to go a bit green, so I used the garden sprayer to apply a product from B & Q, called 'Patio Magic' which killed off the algae and appears to have prevented it from growing back. :thumb:
I'm often asked why I don't keep one of my plastic and aluminium cars outside and the poor old R107 in the garage, which would probably make more sense, but the cover does do a sterling job of protecting the car. Don't really know why, but I'm a lot more precious about the plastic cars. :dk:

Coverdale Platinum

/thread

Lots of previous threads on this.

An outdoor cover needs to be good quality and well fitting, otherwise it will flap around when the wind blows and mark the paint. Also breathable. I used a Covercraft Noah on my R129 when it lived outside - they have different versions depending on the door mirror shape!

The Best Auto Covers from Covercraft Europe

Check out Cover Zone they are on ebay. .The one in purchased was the Monsoon fitted cover for mercedes w124 with 4 roof vents to let air circulate and the cover is fitted to go over the mirrors so no need to pull it down after the wind get on it.They are fully water proof and only used in the winter. They do a greathable type if you want this sort of cover .I keep my Monsoon cover on in the winter only It as straps under the car , that link up to a buckle type clasp under the other side of the cover .I can say i was very greatfull after the winter to just open it up and she was as i had left her.You need to get a good coat of wax on before you cover it up.Also hunt and find nice clean bedding sheets to go over the body and tie down to the dioor handles let them droop down to and below the body trim 3/4 of the car side .Cover all you can .The car covers are soft ,so they wont scuff the bodywork but i used them as second insurance the cover would not marking the paint.

Lots of previous threads on this.

An outdoor cover needs to be good quality and well fitting, otherwise it will flap around when the wind blows and mark the paint. Also breathable. I used a Covercraft Noah on my R129 when it lived outside - they have different versions depending on the door mirror shape!

The Best Auto Covers from Covercraft Europe

I liked the look of these and it looks like it's going to be a while before we move to a house with a garage.

I've ordered the weathershield HP custom fitted to our SL.

Thanks for the feedback.

Do the Coverdales stay on in strong winds without straps i see some have a grommet hole so i am wondering if this is just to put a lock on?

Thanks guys yesterday I received my Coverdale car cover. Another little job out of the way.
It looks good quality so thanks for the heads up and to everyone else that responded.

Thanks for the link Bill, my weathershield HP cover made custom fitted to our SL arrived this week.

I gave the car a good clean and dry today and fitted it for the first time and I'm chuffed.

Despite making an offer on a house last week the vendor is moving the goal posts and it still looks like we're not moving any time soon so this should take care of her over winter.

It's a really good snug fit and well made which is just what I was after.

Cost £475.

phtiU4V.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Bill, my weathershield HP cover made custom fitted to our SL arrived this week.

I gave the car a good clean and dry today and fitted it for the first time and I'm chuffed.

Despite making an offer on a house last week the vendor is moving the goal posts and it still looks like we're not moving any time soon so this should take care of her over winter.

It's a really good snug fit and well made which is just what I was after.

Excellent! I was very happy with mine ... used it for a couple of years then sold it on to a member here when we moved to a house with a garage. Not the cheapest covers, but well worth the money IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom