Car Covers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Burger

Car
2007 SL (R230)
Looks like the house in Wiltshire is sold although we still have to exchange contracts which should be any day now. We've found a nice house in Kent to rent for a few months while we look around, but it only has a very small single garage and the motorcycle will have to live in there. That means the SL will have to live outside and so I'm going to need a good cover for it.

Are there any that anyone recommends?

Thanks,

Unfortunately this garage isn't long enough for the SL.

there is no such thing all they do is leave your car covered in condensation even the top breathable ones do i had one on my cosworth which was on the drive and it was a classic additions one ( all year round breathable ) and i started to notice that bits under the bonnet were going rusty and the car was very damp now i have no cover on it also when i had the car painted they told me car covers are the worst thing to use !

Thought that might be the case. I guess I'll just have to keep cleaning it then :)

I have been on the lookout for a cover and think it may be better to let the local steel works throw its nightly waste on to my paintwork and me gingerly clean it at the weekends than use a cover (unfortunately).

I must say though, the waste does make it glitter in the week albeit with dust etc. You cant beat raw iron filings from steel work smoke!

I use a cover in the summer months when all the cr4p from the trees comes down - I only use the car at weekends and it looks rotten by the end of the week if uncovered. There are many available on the market and it's worth having a look around.

Alternatively, are you able to extend the garage sidewards or maybe even contact the local council to see there are any close to you that you can rent.

I used to have a series 3 Jag which i had in a rented garage at £40.00 a month, this was a few years ago though.

Thought that might be the case. I guess I'll just have to keep cleaning it then :)
Carnt u get one of them small bike sheds that they do?

Make sure you keep plenty of wax on it - any muck and bird sh*t will then just wash off and won't stain the paintwork.

How about a poly tunnel?

They are cheap and reusable and light enough to lift out of the way.

Use an alloy scaffolding tube around the bottom ?

as above^^^^

Last edited:
Some good thoughts here and I appreciate them all, thanks. I'm not sure some form of temporary structure would work, but I'll take a good look at them all.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom