Car dealer jailed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.

Could do without this type of car dealer.
Living near Leicester and having visited a good many traders in the area, nothing in this report shocks me, other than someone hasn't actually died and my futile wish that more of these scum bags should be put behind bars.

No doubt a tale that can be repeated in many cities across the land.

He received a 'stern' letter in May 2017 (he must have $hat himself .....:rolleyes:) I wonder how many junk cars he sold before the letter was sent and how many more he sold until the day he went to court ?

He will back at it in one form or another when he gets out , guaranteed.

His 'company' was called "WE SELL ANY CAR", after all . . .

"Officials sent him a ‘stern’ letter in May 2017, warning him that getting vehicles through their MOT was not enough to ensure they were safe."

What safety elements in the car are not being tested during an MOT, I wonder?

I can fully understand that the MOT is only concerned with safety and regulations, but not with quality, and I have no issue with a dishonest trader being sent to prison for selling cars that are in poor condition.

But what I don't understand is how can a car pass an MOT test and still be unroadworthy or unsafe? Unless the MOT test was rigged, which would merit another prosecution.

Good on the customers for taking him all the way. Most dodgy traders rely on people not bothering to follow up complaints once the trader has told them to go away. A friend of mine did exactly this. His car started smoking a week or so down the line. After investigation it was concluded that the piston rings were at fault and quite possibly had an additive added prior to sale. When confronted, he trader said he would do nothing to help even though he broke the law by putting 'sold as seen' at the bottom of the invoice. When threatened with Trading Standards, he said 'do what you like'. My friend couldn't be bothered to chase it up or even report it and the trader got away whilst he ended up eventually scrapping the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom