Here’s my dilemma. I have my 1998 c250td elegance with 80,000miles which has a couple of issues, needs a new exhaust very soon (rusted & repaired but going to fail again soon) & it has a canbus issue with one of the rear doors (temporarily solved by unplugging the door module from the canbus). I do very little mileage a year now due to present circumstances, so the advantage of having a diesel/petrol doesn’t matter anymore. I’m thinking that to fix my car (new exhaust, canbus module for door) is going to cost a fair bit (especially if I use new parts & haven’t managed to source any used yet (despite trying for last few weeks)) so thought about swapping it for another car whilst its holding together. Rang about a 2001 c200k coupe auto (with black leather) which has 45000miles on it. In the photos it looks like a very clean car (even though it’s a strange colour) which is for sale at a dealer for £4950. Now here’s the dilemma do I spend some money & sort my car or swap. I haven’t put how much they have offered as a part exchange for my car as yet I know & yes that is the major stumbling block for me. They have offered me £900-£1000 (maybe slightly more) for my car as a part exchange. What’s everyone else’s opinion? Do I spend on my car (which is probably going to cost me somewhere near its supposed trade value) or do I go & look at the other car with a view to swapping? I know that with the financial state the market is in I won’t win either way but which is the best route?