Car Doctor - SMART Repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, I have and it can be very good. It has to be the 'right' type of scratch or dent etc to work best. The main criteria is that the guy doing the job has to know what he is doing - just like anything else really. You need a recommendation for the specific person you are going to use. Chips Away have a good reputation generally I think. They are one of a number of national franchises.
There is plenty of discussion of the pros and cons of SMART repairs on the net.

As above. Can be very good but not sure I would use them to sort out rust bubbles.

I agree they can be good but recently I've seen what one company did to my old man's BMW. Really cheap sh!tty paint on a silver car - tried to polish it and some came off! complete load of cr@p and needs doing properly now.

You pays your money and takes your choice.... for a good repair that will last I'd get it done by a proper bodyshop.

As for rust bubbles, caveat emptor. A real danger or breaking through to rust, cheap spray over and more vigilant rust after. Be careful no matter what they try and say!

Yes, I have and it can be very good. It has to be the 'right' type of scratch or dent etc to work best. The main criteria is that the guy doing the job has to know what he is doing - just like anything else really. You need a recommendation for the specific person you are going to use. Chips Away have a good reputation generally I think. They are one of a number of national franchises.
There is plenty of discussion of the pros and cons of SMART repairs on the net.

As above. Can be very good but not sure I would use them to sort out rust bubbles.

I agree they can be good but recently I've seen what one company did to my old man's BMW. Really cheap sh!tty paint on a silver car - tried to polish it and some came off! complete load of cr@p and needs doing properly now.

You pays your money and takes your choice.... for a good repair that will last I'd get it done by a proper bodyshop.

As for rust bubbles, caveat emptor. A real danger or breaking through to rust, cheap spray over and more vigilant rust after. Be careful no matter what they try and say!

Thanks for the replies and advice guys. I'll see if I can find someone locally who has used him or someone similar...

Loving the car though....

Anyone recommend someone near Aylesbury who does this type of work?

Actually when you said rust buddle I thought you meant as in rotting through from behind, which would always warrant a proper repair.

These are just from stone chips by the look of it and therefore I would have thought will need less of a serious going over.

Lovely colour by the way!

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom