car door has just been keyed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barryh

Car
slk350 with airscarf plus E280CDI Sport Est
yes some scumbag has keyed the SLK.it is surface and not too deep,probably down to primer.What is best course of action?
Is it a door respray or a chips away etc type job?

yes some scumbag has keyed the SLK.it is surface and not too deep,probably down to primer.What is best course of action?
Is it a door respray or a chips away etc type job?
Noooo!
This type of incident really gets me angry. Down here the mobile type people generally do a goodish repair but I tend to think you get what you pay for. Is there any chance at all that it might polish out?

I am so sorry to hear about this and good luck getting it fixed

Yours sincerely
John

Of all the stupid nonsensical things to do, this must rank as one of the most mindless.

Hope it's easily and cheaply fixed.

Really sorry to hear of your keyed car. I had mine done earlier this year.
The mobile people quoted £150 but weren't sure it would be totally invisible and the Merc dealers (who do good paintwork) quoted £350.
I have chosen an other alternative and that is to leave it.
Not everyone can cope with that I understand, but I have spent my life seeing race cars prepared to perfection only to be trashed in a matter of moments so I can. Also my mate had his van back from the paint shop earlier this week and it was dented on the same side within a couple of hours:crazy:
Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction and I know the anger takes time to subside:mad:

Terrible! 'Had my car keyed this year too - 1600 quid repair.

What colour is your car? Mines silver and it seems difficult for them to match the shade.

Hope you can get it all sorted soon.

Merc Keyed

What a total bag ****e to do that. I had a 190 keyed some years ago, a realy nice, bright, original car, but given that it was 14 years old, they could never get the paint match perfect. So it's not just the new/expensive ones they go for. :mad:

Bugger-sorry to here this mate, it was so pristine on Saturday too, I hope the culprits get run over by a bus, its what they deserve. These sorts of mindless yobs who do this really p*ss me off and its just trashing someones property, that they've worked hard for, just because you've done better than them. Worth calling the police?

I understand this is the car you own and intend to keep so I'd be tempted not to scrimp and get it done properly at a stealler, good bodyshop etc.

Hi sorry to hear about your car. I had my offside rear wing done about two years ago on my W210 was quoted £200. I think the stuff I used was called Maguires Scratch X in a black coloured tube. It took a wee while but it did the trick in the end, give it a go I think it was about £7 a tube.

Jim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom