Car driving experiences

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not sure if I want to drive one particularly...

I really enjoyed the Palmersport day but have no urge to do it again as things stand! :D

Thinking about it - I doubt I'd fit in it. I really struggled with the Jaguar LM at PS. :crazy:

I did one with a Ferrari and a Ford Focus rally car on a dirt track... The Ferrari was boring, the ford was so much fun!

My most enjoyable driving experiences by miles were three Jonathan Palmer motorsport days driving a fabulous range of sports and track vehicles. I have also done a classic car driving day at Goodwood, which was OK but the cars were all a bit grot (apart from the 911 RS 2.7 replica which was absolutely stunning). I did once go on an entirely free (yes, it did happen) AMG driving day at Mira, learning roadcraft and road driving in an S55 from a retired traffic policeman, then ice driving and drifting in an C32 AMG which was entertaining.

Sorry to say but I think the driving at Brooklands is on far too small a track and egregiously over-priced. I was able to have exclusive use of a track in South Wales with my own instructor for an entire day for less than an hour at Brooklands. OK, it was in my own C55 but learning how to get the best out of your own car is by far the most valuable driving experience of all.

I've done a Land Rover day too, but didn't have the same amount of fun as CabrioDave. I imagine the instructor was reminded of the episode daily!

The AMG driving events at MIRA were fantastic :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom