Car Drying Towel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leabrooks

Car
CLK 270 CDI
Looking for a good large microfibre drying towel for the car instead of the chamois and sponge? Buy a dog drying mf towel, £2 from B & M Stores and 1100 X 700 mm size. Mines got a paw print on it (who cares), but the car was dry and mark free in under 3 minutes, including the glass! Bloody brilliant!! Entire car washed and dried in 15 mins, add 5 mins for the tyre dressing foam (Armor All). Buy one, another 10/10 from me.

As you say buy cheap and you can afford to bin after a couple of uses, or better still keep and use on the dirtier parts of the cars, such as wheels and sills!

What do you think of the silicone aquablade things to remove water? I've seen them used in some car washes, but never tried one myself...

What do you think of the silicone aquablade things to remove water? I've seen them used in some car washes, but never tried one myself...

No No No avoid at all costs, get a little dirt trapped & your buggered.

Looking for a good large microfibre drying towel for the car instead of the chamois and sponge? Buy a dog drying mf towel, £2 from B & M Stores and 1100 X 700 mm size. Mines got a paw print on it (who cares), but the car was dry and mark free in under 3 minutes, including the glass! Bloody brilliant!! Entire car washed and dried in 15 mins, add 5 mins for the tyre dressing foam (Armor All). Buy one, another 10/10 from me.

Any chance of a pic so i can send the wife or daughter for one, you know how women are;)

The best drying cloths may be found on the detailing world site, look at Elite, or Polished Bliss trade sites, remember to pat dry and not wipe.

NO No to the silicone blades, but the Karcher window hoover is perfect on the windows.
David

No No No avoid at all costs, get a little dirt trapped & your buggered.

I used one of these on my last car, managed to put at least 3 scratches almost the entire length of the bonnet, as you can imagine, it never went near the car again. Must have had the tinniest amount of grit on it and I didn't realise.

Heres a pic of the mf towel as requested.

Attachments

• DSC_0039.JPG
    DSC_0039.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 72
As you say buy cheap and you can afford to bin after a couple of uses, or better still keep and use on the dirtier parts of the cars, such as wheels and sills!

Yep,..at £2 a pop its easy to relegate the older towels to dirtier duties and buy a new one without breaking sweat or waiting for snail mail to deliver a new one.

Chemical guys wooly mammoth. Best drying towle you'll ever use so soft on paintwork

Verl large don't wipe just lay it on the car then pat dry

I've been using a microfibre one I bought professionally in NZ, but it is a little tired now, so when I saw a half decent looking one in Wilkos last weeked for only £2.99 I snapped it up. Its brilliant, microfibre one side and a tad wooly the other.
Wilko Microfibre Cleaning Towel at wilko.com

££££

Chemical guys wooly mammoth. Best drying towle you'll ever use so soft on paintwork

Verl large don't wipe just lay it on the car then pat dry

Id rather have 6 of these....which do the same job just as soft. (£2.99 each from B&M)

Last edited:
Don't confuse a towel with a duster - the Costco and Amazon links above are dusters or polishing cloths in size (I have the Costco ones). A drying towel is about 6 times the size of those (I have 2!!). OK, you can use the duster size as a drying cloth, but you'll be wringing it out evey panel or two, whereas the towel will do most, if not all, of the car without wringing out.

I use the costco ones which are really good value, but since the paint correction on my car the detailer recommended a proper drying towel. It's unbelievably good and in no way can be compared with the small microfibres. Ok, it seems expensive at first and I can buy a pack of 36 microfibres from costco for the same price, but they can't really be compared. I use the costco ones for the fiddly areas or where there may be a bit of muck on door shuts etc. I can dry my whole car without wringing it out and I have an E class estate!! It's masive and can pretty much just be laid on the panels and when lifted they are dry:thumb:

Monster Microfibre - Purple Monster Edgeless XL - Clean Your Car

Last edited:
I use one called the Fatty Orange and it's fab

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom