Car engine Carbon clean

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rosso1

Car
SL500
Guys has anyone tried to carbon clean the inside of their engine and if so how much difference has it made?

Also what were the results?
1 Age of your car?
2 What readings did you have before?
3 Readings after the engine clean?
4 And how impressed were you with the results?

I hear dramatically opposing stories every time this subject raises it's head. Some claim great results but struggle to substantiate them? Others claim that there engines developed rattles and knocks, or worse still blew up!!

My local garage is an agent for Terraclean (sic) and he struggles to convince me of its worth. I guess the answer in a perfect word is to maintain a clean engine frfom new. Then you know where you are.

Put a cleaning additive in your tank and live with it . I have read the problems owners have had after the use of terraclean type system .May be good in new cars but for older ones it can clean all the carbon out thats helping the engine seal.

With your car , (500 I presume) just run it on v power or bp ultimate. That's all you need to keep it clean.

i had it done on my 56 plate e320 cdi.
the guy came with his van, started his machine, put 2 tubes in the air intake, started the car and did a diagnostic, after some 35 min of injecting their secret cleaning ingredient and revving it was done.
The car feels a lot more responsive, can't say that i have noticed anything regarding fuel economy as it has been driven mainly local, maybe next week, i have a 200 mile trip coming up so i will see how it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom