Car fabric shampoo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll have a look Will - the front wings have the hint of rust in the usual place, front bumper bit in the contrasting white has some bare bumper showing through (one place where the Karcher did for it), bonnet has lots of stone chips badly touched up, but I suspect spending more money on it is not particularly sensible.

If you want to keep the rust in those wings at bay Charles, give them all a good clean out and spray them with some Bilt Hamber Dynax S50 (it comes with a lance so easy enough to get in there).

I have used this on my 300ce as it has the usual rust in the wings and i also sprayed them in the jacking points and can honestly say, in 3 years the rust has not gotten any worse (although i do clean the old girl regularly!):

Cavity Wax | Order Dynax S50 For High Protection Rust Proofing

Auto Smart Brisk Extra will do the job Charles. Costs about £15 for a 5 litre tub and it will last you a long, long time; I've had mine for about a year and not even used 10-15% yet.

It's usually for sale for trade only but I think you can buy 1 litre bottles from eBay.

If you can't get any, let me know and I'll get you a bottle sent down by carrier pidgeon, in fact, I could send you a litre out of my big tub down?

Good advice, bio brisk hi foam berry is fantastic BUT remember this time of year you will need a suction machine for best result.

I have a wet and dry vac, so that can suck away. Just to say how fantastic this forum is, apart from Will offering me his speakers, SPX has sent me a litre of this super hooch to get the show on the road - how kind is that?

Fairy Non Bio Gel - or similar clothes detergent.
Bucket of warm water
Squirt of gel
Wet vac
I have used all sorts of shampoos, cleaners etc over the years and absolutely nothing compares to it.
These products are designed to lift dirt from fibres and do a fantastic job.
They also smell very nice!!
I tend to use a wheel cleaning brush to agitate the dirt as the nylon bristles are very soft :thumb:

Quick update while I upload photos from the meet at MB World. SPX kindly sent me some Auto Smart Brisk Extra which I used yesterday, removed it with my Karcher wet and dry (water filthy) had the dehumidifier on all night and seat now dry and completely clean, no stain at all.

An excellent recommendation, if I had bought it rather than be sent it (thanks again Lee, you get biscuits too now) it is very reasonable. :thumb:

190seat_zps1f2f7404.jpg

He's alright, that SPX - I preferred it when he was around a bit more......

W124 Cabrio Headlining

Anyone have any tips on cleaning the headlining of the Cabrio soft top? Mine should be cream but looks distinctly grubby towards the back behind the side windows.

Any tips and tricks gratefully received.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom