Car feels odd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lfckeeper

Car
Bmw 5 series (Former W203 C class and 2x W219 CLS owner)
Driving in a spirited manner off a roundabout the car felt like the left front 'gave way' (best way i can describe it), no knocks bangs or anything. Thankfully I was near the garage I take the car to. He checked the suspension and said everything was solid with no play.

He took it for a quick test drive and said it drives normally and feels fine to him, it feels to me like the steering wheel is to the left(not pulling almost like it 'drops' left)

Any ideas or is it all in my head?

Its a 2007 CLS without airmatic, toe alignment was done 3 eeks ago.

Cheers for any advice

How is the gap between tyre and wheel arch on both sides at the front ?

Kenny

Driving in a spirited manner off a roundabout the car felt like the left front 'gave way' (best way i can describe it), no knocks bangs or anything.

Bear in mind roundabouts can be notorious for fuel spills. Similar occurred to me last year on the A5 past Shrewsbury and it was caused by diesel or oil.

Bear in mind roundabouts can be notorious for fuel spills. Similar occurred to me last year on the A5 past Shrewsbury and it was caused by diesel or oil.

It could be exactly that... with the mechanic saying he thinks every thing is fine it could be in my head (how often do you look directly at the steering wheel!?)

Gotta say im falling out of live with this car with its little niggles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom