Car goes into LIMP Mode after fuelling up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nas2021

Car
W213 E400d
Hi,

My car seems to randomly go into LIMP mode after fuelling up. This is the second time happening after fuelling up. I always use Shell V Power so it can't be the quality of the fuel. I am waiting for MB Breakdown to come look at the car as I can't drive it to the garage. Has anybody else had this issue. Possible MAF issue?

Thanks

Hi,

My car seems to randomly go into LIMP mode after fuelling up. This is the second time happening after fuelling up. I always use Shell V Power so it can't be the quality of the fuel. I am waiting for MB Breakdown to come look at the car as I can't drive it to the garage. Has anybody else had this issue. Possible MAF issue?

Thanks
List more about the car, Model, year of manufacturing, mileage, service history, and how long you've owned the car. It will help the members who will answer your query. For now it's very generic, fuel=Limp mode.

If the MB team uses a diagnostic scan with their star tool, it will tell you more. But I don't know anything about how old, or which variant of an MB car this is so it's very difficult to call out a MAF. Throwing parts is easy. Getting to the root cause if what is required here. It may be simple or difficult, unless you share more it's not going to happen. With the maf mentioned I know it's atleast a W140 era car you have.

Members went to your about page and caught the car. Star scan is your only way to sorting this. Car is fairly new to have a bad maf so soon. I haven't read your other posts from other threads to know what work was done or any ecu remaps you have had or an aftermarket oiled air filter. But usually with bmc or k&n filters if too much oil is sprayed on after the yearly clearing some debris gets on to the maf. But I have no further clue.
So I'll stick to Star scan and go to the dealer.
Other members here are far more knowledgeable in this area, 2 are here, I'm certain they will help you further.
I would go to the dealer and claim warranty for this fairly new car.

No, the car he owns is stated in the details box of the thread.

ECU remap? Aftermarket air filter? BMC or K&N filters? On an E400? What on earth are you talking about?

ECU remap? Aftermarket air filter? BMC or K&N filters? On an E400? What on earth are you talking about?
I'm pretty sure he'll answer his own questions in 5 posts. 😁😁

Thank you, but I don't have that view on my phone browser. Check the attachment, I linked.

ECU remap? Aftermarket air filter? BMC or K&N filters? On an E400? What on earth are you talking about

Attachments

• IMG_20220305_171240.jpg
    IMG_20220305_171240.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 8
I'm pretty sure he'll answer his own questions in 5 posts. 😁😁
Thanks. But the view I have on my phone browser coupled with my low intelligence is the factor here. May you please guide me to where this is listed on the Microsoft Edge phone browser view?

Maybe best to view posts on a laptop or desktop, where you will have the whole thing, not just part of it.

Maybe best to view posts on a laptop or desktop, where you will have the whole thing, not just part of it.
So it's my fault now, and not a design flaw. And the whole chat up here is redundant. Quick to jump to conclusions.

So it's my fault now, and not a design flaw. And the whole chat up here is redundant. Quick to jump to conclusions.
You can get that info on a phone in a few taps. Tap on the members name and you get a banner pop up. Tap on the members name again and you'll see an About option.

This works for those that haven't chosen to hide their profile at least.

Screenshot_20220305_130519.jpg

Have you tried temporarily running the car with the cap on loose? the filler cap/tank supply tube has an elaborate tank emissions vapour trap sensor which may be telling the engine ECU there's a problem =there's an unexpected pressure build up or a leak-often caused by filling the tank to the brim

When you open the filler cap do you get a 'woosh' sound ...sorry 'woosh' is as close as I could get to the sound I hear on my car :p

It's nobody's 'fault'; you didn't know, and neither did I, that you could call up the information on your phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom