Car has been delayed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alexf

Car
C CLASS COUPE
Got a call from Mercedes Leicester today, missed the call but the voicemail says my order has gone back by a couple of weeks and I'm now looking at the 2nd of August :(

Should I be concerned?

Yep, sounds like it's life threatening.

Terminal Delay :D

What I mean is, is this likely to be a reoccurring thing now? What are other peoples experiences with it?

I read somewhere on here one guys was delayed for months on end due to a lack of a certain part. Leather dash if I remember correctly.

Also I've sold my car so if its likely I'm going to be months without a car I'd rather just cancel my order if possible and get a preowned model.

Perhaps a chat with the dealer might get you a courtesy car for the duration of the delays?

Happened with mine, and there's nothing you can do to find out more information, so not much point in hassling the dealer (like I did) or asking MBUK (as I did).
You just have to wait. And then your dealer will tell you, hopefully in a couple of weeks, that your car is sitting at Zeebrugge and will be at the dealership in 4 or 5 days. They then need it for a day to polish it up for you.
I got a courtesy car, though it was a struggle!

Happens to mine, 4 month delay!!!!!! it's now a GTD!!! Bloody Mercedes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Happened to me as well. Mine was the new E Class estate. Original delivery date was Mid November 2016, given 4 dates all missed. Eventually delivered to me on 31st January 2017.

I know mine was a new model, so hopefully all delivery issues are in the past and yours should only be a short delay.

Certainly worth a chat with the dealer regarding a courtesy car. I was lucky and able to extend the lease on my existing car.

Mine was. An October build E350 AMG PP estate changed to a midnight edition with a projected delivery of March, maybe...... the new 9G box was apparently over subscribed on the continent...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom