car has being lying up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

japimport1

Car
c class 200,mitsubishi lancer,honda accord
hi there my 95 c 200 has being lying up for nearly a year and a half,ill be geting it back on the road soon,it has being only moved in and out of the garden,i was just wondering would it be ok to drive as normal or will i have to change fluids/oil etc,ive already noticed some cracks on tyres,so ill probably have to change them,also battery is dead,if i jump start it how long will it take for the battery to hold a charge, so it can start itself again

An oil & filter change is always a good idea together with giving the brakes a once over together with a brake fluid change. Sticking brakes are not unkown after a period of standing in the open.

As for the battery, you'd really need to know if it will still hold charge as they don't like being 'flat' for long. A battery charger would be your best bet.

thanks for your help,ive picked up some oil this morning,any idea what way to blead the brakes,like what sequence to do it in,

Normally you'd start bleeding with the one furthest from, the master cylinder - so left rear, right rear, left front, right front.

thanks again,i really appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom