car insurance quotes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barryh

Car
slk350 with airscarf plus E280CDI Sport Est
Just got the renewal in for SLK.Elephant want an extra 50% from last year.Gone on line and looked at confused/Go compare etc.Followed up to phone quotes and all are even more expensive.It has gone from £450 to £668.

Only difference is a claim for the malicious scratch which I claimed.

Anyone else I should try.

Go via an independent broker, I used Wilsons in Manchester they were £150 cheaper than conused or compare the market with better cover. The comparison sites are funded by the big companies so not truly independent.

The comparison sites are funded by the big companies so not truly independent.

That's not quite right, is it? I know that confused.com is part of the Admiral group, but they are a separate company and the business model is based on a fee for passing on customers, so they get money from any company they pass you on to. Also, these comparison websites are regulated by the FSA:

The quotes that users are presented with appear in price order (cheapest first) and are completely independent of any Admiral Group affiliation or indeed, any promotion with a third-party service provider.

That's not quite right, is it? I know that confused.com is part of the Admiral group, but they are a separate company and the business model is based on a fee for passing on customers, so they get money from any company they pass you on to. Also, these comparison websites are regulated by the FSA:

I said funded by, not owned by. Check out the owning company returns and see where the money comes from :)

I said funded by, not owned by. Check out the owning company returns and see where the money comes from :)

Sorry, but I don't understand. Are you saying that the results you get from confused.com are biased so that they favour the Admiral group's insurance policies?

They do seem to be owned by Admiral, but not funded by them.

I have just downloaded the accounts from Companies House and I can't see anything wrong. They are "funded" by their business model of taking money for referring customers, which in the end is not different from what a broker does. They are not subsidised by Admiral as far as I can tell.

Go via an independent broker, I used Wilsons in Manchester they were £150 cheaper than conused or compare the market with better cover. The comparison sites are funded by the big companies so not truly independent.

Thanks for the tip ,but they were dearer by far.

Sorry, but I don't understand. Are you saying that the results you get from confused.com are biased so that they favour the Admiral group's insurance policies?

They do seem to be owned by Admiral, but not funded by them.

I have just downloaded the accounts from Companies House and I can't see anything wrong. They are "funded" by their business model of taking money for referring customers, which in the end is not different from what a broker does. They are not subsidised by Admiral as far as I can tell.

No, they are biased towards the big boys Zurich, Axa et al, The big insurance companies all chip into a fund which then funds the comparison websites that is how they afford the massive TV advertising campaigns. One of my pals works for Zurich in Switzerland and is resposnsible for the marketing and funding of promotions there's not an independent one amongst them IMHO.

I am 21, 1 year NCB, I have set a limited milaege of 5000 miles and I am getting insurance of around 700 pounds for my 280CE, which I am amazed by!

That is me being the sole user of the vehicle!

Hi
I got my insurance through Kwik Fit they quoted me £300 for my 2003 CLK 320 you might give them a try.

Jim.

last week, our renewal with SheilasWheels was about £550 i think, had a shop around & Admiral were best at just under £400.
CLK 280 Cab 57 plate.

I am 21, 1 year NCB, I have set a limited milaege of 5000 miles and I am getting insurance of around 700 pounds for my 280CE, which I am amazed by!

That is me being the sole user of the vehicle!

Forgotten to mention: I used Gocompare and got insurance through Lancaster

Try direct line. I am in the process of finding insurance and they have come up with the best price by quite a margin.

IAM members can get cheaper insurance through the IAM. I saved £40 (Lloyds £220, IAM £180) by using IAM's preferred insurer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom