Car insurance that mirrors first policy NCB?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uumode

MB Enthusiast
Car
C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
Any one know of any other insurance company that takes the first policy holder's NCB - and mirrors it for their partner's policy?
i.e. 2nd partner doesn't have any NCB, and inherits full NCB from first partner
(Reward for having both cars insured with the same company)

I'm currently with Axa but their renewal premium this year has gone up a little, so looking elsewhere for quotes for insuring two cars on the provision that the second policy car/partner also gets my full NCB.

My partner can't obviously just go to another company for quotes as she doesn't really have full NCB, her real underlying NCB is 1 year, Axa only mirror my full NCB as a token gesture providing our second car is also insured with them.

www.elephant.co.uk did this for my misses I had full NCB with them and they mirrored it as long as I was a secondary driver... however it is a seperate policy in her name. They also mirrored full NCB on my MGF so altogether a satisfying service...

RichieRuss2000 said:
www.elephant.co.uk did this for my misses I had full NCB with them and they mirrored it as long as I was a secondary driver... however it is a seperate policy in her name. They also mirrored full NCB on my MGF so altogether a satisfying service...

So they mirrored your NCB for 3 cars?
Your main car, your partners, and your MGF? wow..

I have been with them since they started up about five+ years ago... it is better to call them rather than apply over the web as they can fix a deal better over the phone.

Thanks RichieRuss2000 I gave Elephant a call, and indeed they do mirror the NCB onto the second partner's car :)

The quote they gave was more or less the same as Axa

E240 (as secondary car)

Elephant:
£327.20 @ 3500 miles a year with £250 XS unprotected bonus for first year

AXA:
£327.95 @ 4000 miles a year (Axa's lowest mileage bracket) with £225 XS and protected bonus

So the figures tipped in Axa's favour in this case, but thanks for the Elephant recommendation, always good to know there is an alternative.

I tried Liverpool & Victoria in What Car form and they didn't offer this facility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom