car insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
Well now im older and possibly a bit wiser, my insurance was due yesturday.After much searching and NOT been quoted happy by certain companies I tried Chris Knot who gave me the cheapest quote at £350 fully comp with protection + £17 legal aid. A full £130 cheaper than norwich union and £27 cheaper than my existing company. I went back to my existing company and said if chris knott can do it why cant you?

There reply was ring you back later!

Hmmmm. Well about an hour later they rang back and said "yes we can do it sir £350 fully comp with protection and including legal aid. £150 xs £60 windscreen .

Me said "wow" me want.

Moral - shop around and be cheeky :bannana: :bannana:

I have the insurance joy now. tried elephant today and had a nasty shock. over 4yrs ago i got 5pts for speeding through m-way roadworks. now, if i'd just got 3pts it would've increased my premium by £3. but coz i got 5pts it increased my premium by £300 :eek:. This was over 4yrs ago. The points have expired yet the insurance companies are still shafting me for it. I done my adv driving test since then and got a gold. doesn't count for nothing. oh well, one more year of pain i suppose.

At least i'll have a three figure quote this time :p

Is that because they ask you about the last 5 years? Thats a pain when they have come off your license after 4. At least it will be cheaper next year mate.

Mine went up about £40 for having 3 points.

Originally posted by RichardM
Is that because they ask you about the last 5 years? Thats a pain when they have come off your license after 4. At least it will be cheaper next year mate.

Yeah, that's right. It annoys me that points expire after 3 yrs but the insurance companies get away with counting them for 5. But then they are a law unto themselves.

I beleive that insurance companies class non fault accidents/claims against you too.

A couple of years back my dad had 2 or 3 non fault accident claims over a 3 year period and a couple of insurance companies refused to insure him when phoning around for a quote

Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Indeed they do! Got stuffed in the back at a junction by a dummy in a Range Rover using his mobile, 'sorry didn't see you mate'. I got hit for a non fault claim, its a no claim not a no blame bonus.

I have just renewed my policy. I was with Elephant and they wanted £520, but Admiral only wanted £390. Fully comp & protected N/C's

Seems silly when Admiral and Elephant and one of the same :confused: .

Oh and yes I went with Admiral :p .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom