Car jerky when accelerating.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Waynedoran

Car
2003 c180 Kompressor coupe
I have an issue with my 2003 c180 Kompressor auto feels jerky like its missing when accelerating. Also sounds like a knock from wheels when cornering. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Engine jerky when accelerating could be coil, HT lead spark plug or a fuel line problem.
knocking when cornering?

Thanks mate. I'll check it out. It seems worse even accelerating at high speeds. The car had been standing since January when I bought it and had no petrol in it. So i was thinking its dragged all the **** from the bottom of the tank when ive filled it. The knocking sounds like the brakes.

old petrol is the biggest cause on petrol grass mowers refusing to run when they are dragged out of the shed in spring. A tank of quality petrol and a tin of Forte won't do it any harm. Re the **** from the bottom of the tank: your fuel filter should stop that getting to the injectors. Would be a bad idea to change that too, it could have a pool of water in it. All that said, it still sounds like a spark problem to me: coil, plug or HT lead.

Ok thanks mate im going to get them checked. Appreciate it.

Ok thanks mate im going to get them checked. Appreciate it.

You still after the control knobs mate?

Hi mate. Sorry I bought the upgraded digital display one. Thanks for your help.

I have no malfunction warnings on. It just feels like its missing at high end accelerating

I have no malfunction warnings on. It just feels like its missing at high end accelerating

I had a 2006 c180 Komp from new and drove it like I'd stolen it for 40k miles: I can remember ever getting a misfire or jerkyness. It should be silky smooth and accelerate to the red line no problem mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom