Car just serviced - news if you use Steve in Maidstone!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
I've just had my car serviced by Steve in Maidstone, who many of you use. The car and the service were great but I hadnt heard that Steve had been off work for ten weeks following and accident:(
I sent him our corporate best wishes but if you fancy cheering him up with a text then I'm sure Steve would be encouraged :)

Hi

Thanks for the passing on the news, hope it isn't too serious and I have texted Steve to wish him a speedy recovery.

Regards

Tan

I'll let Steve explain! It was nothing to do with cars though;)

Lol

No nothing to do with animals but it did break his leg.

Was it the weight of his wallet which caused him to fall over? :)

Glad he is on the mend,

Steve's recovery...Best wishes

Hope he's getting better.. I need him to STAR my SLK to see why the SRS light pops on, goes off and then back on again. Probably a loose connection but most places locally to me in Dartford, Bexleyheath want an arm and a leg just to decide what's causing it. I think it's a dodgy connection or seat switch so just need confirmation before I rip it all out.

Anyone know his details please?

Have you contacted keys mercedes in bexleyheath they are normally quite reasonable on price ?

Called Keys this morning £40 +vat and that's not with resetting etc. Guy on the phone sounded well pee'd off and wasn't exactly enthusiastic. Also called one at Gravesend, TEC... £48 + vat.
Had the seat out today and can't see much wrong. Even stripped to the foam inserts and checked for frayed wires, Will look through the other SRS components when I get time

It is likely to be either the seat SRS yellow connector or the occupancy sensor pad.

I stripped the seat squab out and wondered just how difficult it seemed to be to separate the sensor from the foam. Impossible I'd say. I saw the yellow connector but that appears intact and all wires seem connected to the pins. Not sure where else to look apart from the steering wheel centre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom