car keyed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nige m

Car
C220 CDI
just found a key mark down one side. any ideas if it can be done without a visit to the body shop.
100_7600.jpg

100_7601.jpg

100_7602.jpg

Did this happen in Plymouth ?
God I bet you were mad as hell .. :mad:

I am afraid I cant help but being from Plymouth myself, just wanted to offer my best for what is a cowardly act by someone who does not deserve to draw breath, never mind a key down the side of your car.

:(:(:(

Yes Ive had similar, just what makes people do that kind of thing,just what kind of people are they,sorry to hear your bad news,

John

yes probably Plymouth station. thanks guys

Do they have CCTV in that car park? I would have reported it to the British Transport police opposite the car park (not that it would help much) but what it would do, is give you a crime number which if you have to make an insurance claim, shows it was not your fault.

Hi mate sorry to see that. looks like some of it could be wetsanded and then buffed up by someone who know what they are doing. However from the pics some of it looks too deep so get some good advice from a paint guy. Good luck in getting it sorted
Chaz

That's so sad to see. It happened on my 240 just over a year ago after it was parked at the Manchester airport multi-storey. Ended up having the whole side resprayed for £980.

Not sure if any other tricks can sort it with the car looking as before. Hope it gets sorted.

It happened to me.

Envy and hate from some low life buzzard.

I would not use chips away. It will be a quick cheap repair using cheap products that will probably look worse than the scratch in 2 years time. Get some advice from a proper body shop - some of it will cut out but some has gone too deep looking at the pics. Try polishing it out and see if you can live with it.

Thats really nasty :(

I've done a fair few key scratch repairs in the past, single panels to whole sides like yours but it is hit and miss with touching it in and sanding it down, especially on a silver/grey and not something I tend to do anymore. If it was black then you could take the eye off it majorly without the need to spray the panels.

I'd avoid chipsaway and the like. Only other way would be to spray the entire side.

thanks for the advice guys. will call into body shop in the morning. going to bed now having just smashed the wife's induction hob dropping something on the edge. here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.

The worse bit is that the person who did it probably earns the same money,their car is probably worth the same. Yet they either squandered their money or bought another brand, not realising they could have had a Mercedes for around the same money.
If it were me, I'd get the whole side sprayed.

Sorry to see that. My CL500 was keyed a couple of years back - it happened twice!
Cost in the region of about £1k. I put up CCTV as a deterrent on the drive and since then, I've not had any incidents.

There is no way of catching these criminals as there is rarely any proper evidence of them keying the car unless it goes to forensics or you catch them doing it.

found out yesterday the cctv at train station can not see my car. not that it may have helped, some hoodie walking past. time to move on and sort it out. thanks

found out yesterday the cctv at train station can not see my car. not that it may have helped, some hoodie walking past. time to move on and sort it out. thanks

Hard luck mate. Shame but it was worth a try.
Good luck and keep us posted on what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom