Car leasing, MY2011?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxell10

Car
a4 2.5tdi quattro
Newbie here, looking for some advice :)

Looking at leasing a car for the first time (W212 E250 cdi), after paying initial deposit the doc's were sent through to sign, although the registration is a 2013 car with 0 miles, the build year is 2011.

None of the quotes say the year but i was under the impression that it would at least be a MY12 car, am I in the wrong for assuming this? There was a minor facelift at the end of 2011 I believe so it's going to be impossible to tell what i'm getting until its too late.

Thanks in advance.

It could simply be an error. I would be on the phone ASAP and have it checked and clarified, as I thought the days of two year old brand new cars were long gone, especially with Mercedes Benz.

It could simply be an error. I would be on the phone ASAP and have it checked and clarified, as I thought the days of two year old brand new cars were long gone, especially with Mercedes Benz.
Having just bought a delivery mileage w212 e350 sport that was manufactured in 2011(it's an edition 125 that were only built in 2011)i can safely say the days of 2 year old new cars are still here:eek:(£33k for a £41k car not bad though if you don't mind that the build year was 2011;)).

Be careful, the difference between an early 2011 E250cdi and a late 2011 e250cdi is probably around 10mpg.
The early one has the 5 speed older auto and the new one the 7G tronic plus gearbox.

34mpg average early one and 44mpg later one.

Thanks

Thanks for the input all.

I spoke with the leasing company and they said that the 2011 is just the designation of the model type, i.e the revision in 2011, no revision in 2012 and now a revision next month in 2013 so all should be well :dk:

Its definitely a 7G tronic with regard to the gearbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom