Car lost at sea after ferry slip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
BBC link

this is one of those stories where I wish I could read the insurance claim.

Even the BBC are slipping into 'tabloid' reporting ...

When you read the headline ' Car Lost at Sea after Ferry Slip ' you immediately think that a car has fallen off a ferry into the deep ocean ....

When you read the article however , you discover that in actual fact someone parked it on a slipway , near to a ferry ( it wasn't even ON the ferry ) , and it rolled in .While technically yes , it is 'lost at sea' , it's poor reporting by someone looking for a headline.

We get this happen once a week in Richmond , an idiot parks their car on the slip by the bridge or by the White Cross, the tide comes in , bye bye car ...

We get similar on the Holy island (Lindisfarne) Causeway, big sign saying do not cross if there is any water on the causeway......'oh I'm sure we'll make it.....':crazy:
Saying that I had a near miss in Cornwall, Put the boat in the water at Rock and thought I'll just leave the car and trailer on the beach here..... then for some reason decided to leave the trailer and move the car.
Came back two hours later to find a lot of water. Twenty minutes of wading eventually located the trailer with a large OUCH:eek:

Obviously a driver who watches "Top Gear" too much... and thinks that if a Toyota pick up can make it to France, he can at least make it 200 yards across without waiting for the ferry...

Even the BBC are slipping into 'tabloid' reporting ...

When you read the headline ' Car Lost at Sea after Ferry Slip ' you immediately think that a car has fallen off a ferry into the deep ocean ....

When you read the article however , you discover that in actual fact someone parked it on a slipway , near to a ferry ( it wasn't even ON the ferry ) , and it rolled in .While technically yes , it is 'lost at sea' , it's poor reporting by someone looking for a headline.

We get this happen once a week in Richmond , an idiot parks their car on the slip by the bridge or by the White Cross, the tide comes in , bye bye car ...
Howard,
How dare you criticise our excellent fact reporting journalists :)

A Smart car but perhaps not a 'Smart' owner :)

It'll be on Ebay soon , and then some poor guy will be posting up about resurrecting a car he has just bought with 'some water damage' :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom