Car Mats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Y15HAL

SUPPORTER
Car
R107 500SL, R129 SL500, W124 320CE, BMW 535i
Picked myself up an SL500 (R129) the other day, and it came with some original mats with it, but they're beige in colour.

Thought i'd put a black set on top/replace the ones that are there just to protect whats underneath.

I'm not after genuine, or want to spend a fortune, so something mid range should be fine.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance :)

Vishal

There are lots on Amazon, some thicker quality than others (measured in knots per sq. inch I think)

Last year I got a set of fitted mats for my CLS55 from Carmatslondon on ebay. I wanted something to protect my Designo mats but not rubber. You can either use them as a replacement or overlay. They fit well and have been very durable. They didn't break the bank.

Last year I got a set of fitted mats for my CLS55 from Carmatslondon on ebay. I wanted something to protect my Designo mats but not rubber. You can either use them as a replacement or overlay. They fit well and have been very durable. They didn't break the bank.

Thanks - I'll take a look :)

Mats to protect the mats...

Ye gods where does it end....

Thanks for being helpful :)

Seeing as they're not available to buy any more, i think i'd be best trying to preserve them, and wouldn't want them ruined being beige :eek:

Thanks @Landie1 - Don't look like they do mats for the SL :(

Picked myself up an SL500 (R129) the other day, and it came with some original mats with it, but they're beige in colour.

Thought i'd put a black set on top/replace the ones that are there just to protect whats underneath.

I'm not after genuine, or want to spend a fortune, so something mid range should be fine.

Any recommendations?

Vishal
Im looking for some beige mats if you want to give them a new home I'll happily take them off your hands :)

Im looking for some beige mats if you want to give them a new home I'll happily take them off your hands :)

Thanks, but i'm not looking to get rid of mine - just buy a black set.

Thanks, but i'm not looking to get rid of mine - just buy a black set.
I noted that you’re not after an original set, but did you get a price for a set from the main dealer? I my experience they’re usually reasonable value, and sometimes cheaper from Germany.

I don't mind originals......i just would rather not pay through the nose for some mats....... ;)

I'll ask around at dealers - thanks

I don't mind originals......i just would rather not pay through the nose for some mats....... ;)

I'll ask around at dealers - thanks
It is worth phoning around as stock which has been sat on the shelves can be had at a discount.

I managed to get a rare brand new AMG spoiler which was already painted for something like 25% or the cost this way. When I found out they had two I managed to get the same deal for another member. The dealer was delighted because they thought they were stuck with them!

If you find a set of mats with an AMG logo, then you can put an AMG badge on your boot lid.... 😁 ;)

If you find a set of mats with an AMG logo, then you can put an AMG badge on your boot lid.... 😁 ;)

Will go nicely with the AMG badges i have on each panel :rock:

It is worth phoning around as stock which has been sat on the shelves can be had at a discount.

I managed to get a rare brand new AMG spoiler which was already painted for something like 25% or the cost this way. When I found out they had two I managed to get the same deal for another member. The dealer was delighted because they thought they were stuck with them!

I'll get on the phone next week - fingers crossed! 🤞

Any recommendations?

Vishal
If you can work your way around German this mob (MB shopsoiled ) provide good service.

Any recommendations?

Vishal
Try DYLON to dye them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom