Car MB Repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kenny1000

Car
2013 E220 cdi auto Sport Coupe
Well after being away for 3 weeks picked up the car on Thursday and everything looked fine. Today started ok and now the symptoms are back. ECO light flashing, engine not switching off when stopped in traffic, heated seats not working and central locking not working. Spoke to MB today and was told the service desk is closed today and they will contact me tomorrow. Any advice on how to proceed here as the car is still under warranty and they were supposed to have sorted this problem already. They had the car for 3 weeks:dk:

Went to the car and put the key in the ignition and nothing happened. No lights, nothing. Phoned up MB and their mobile tech came out and did a full diagnostic test and after about an hour and a half he said the car did a full shut down about 1 o'clock this morning. He cannot find a fault but suggest that the car is not switching off when the ignition is switched off and it needs to go to the dealership and have a controlled shutdown to find the fault. He also stated that it has 46 computers and reckons that it might be the ignition switch. It is now booked in for Thursday

Just had a call from MB and they said that it is lack of use that causing all the problems. I tried explaining that I only collected the car on Thursday from them hence why it has only done 125 miles since they last seen. The car was working fine and I was actually driving it when it started acting up. Yet they are insisting there is nothing wrong. This is turning out to be a nightmare. I now have a car I cannot trust

Lack of use - my ****!

So they are effectively saying you must use your car regularly for it to be reliable. What a load of brown stuff.

^+1

If this were true then every car in their showroom would have the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

If the car is under warranty are you able to take it to another dealer? I was fobbed off by one dealer claiming they did certain work only to find nothing was done. I have now switched and better for it too, so far!!!!

Well spoke to the technician eventually and explained the car did that mileage in 3 days, and also the car was running fine and the symptoms appeared while the car was moving. The car would start when these symptoms were showing until Monday when everything went dead. Armed with this information he is going to have another look plus he is going to have a chat with the breakdown recovery tech who had a look at the car. Fingers crossed

Well got the car back today after MB having it for 5 days and they cannot find anything wrong, If it happens again I have to take the car straight to them. I hope it gets sorted before the warranty runs out

I could be wrong, but I think if a problem is presented within the warranty period, the onus is upon Mercedes to fix the fault even if the warranty has expired.

Last edited:
A friend of mine has just had this exact fight with MB.

Fault found at MB Newcastle, he couldn't stay in Newcastle, came back to Ascot, and MB UK wouldn't warranty as warranty had expired between the two occasions - I think there was a small goodwill payment - or maybe a discount by Greenoaks to make it less painful.

It leaves a very bad feeling and because the amount is small and he is too busy, its not worth bothering with small claims court.

Stupid of Mercedes really.

Richard

Well thats the car recovered back to the dealer again. Started acting up last night and this morning was totally dead. Starting to regret buying this car now

What is a SAM unit. I have been told today that they have ordered a new SAM unit and it will be here tomorrow. They also said that they were not happy with the gear selector and a new unit has been ordered and will be fitted tomorrow as well. Fingers crossed all will be ok

Signal Aquisition Module.
Think of it as a bit of a computer that can be programmed to give certain 'conditions'. They take the signals - say 'indicators on' and flash the lights.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

I had a similar problem years ago.
Rear SAM and a damaged cable from assembly was the culprit.
Good luck, it can be very frustrating.

Quick update. I work away from home but back for 4 days over Christmas. The car was delivered back to my house while I was away Driven the car for a couple of days and it seems fine but I suppose time will tell. Everything crossed atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom