Car More Ferocious After Winter Storage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StephenSJason

Car
C63 Supercharged
I figured this was a placebo type thing or perhaps the fact I hadn't driven it for 4mths and I had forgotten but, I am now back in my C63 after Winter and it feels absolutely brutal vs last year. It is knocking the tyres off like it never used to and it accelerates faster than I remember; it was never slow. On the whole, it seems smoother and a better drive yet nothing has changed since Oct/Nov to today.

Any reason why 4mths connected to a battery charger would make it behave differently? The way it feels is as people describe the results of doing the "throttle reset", except I haven't done that. Perhaps I was just driving it like a ***** last year and the car adapted to it, but now it's ready to go again...?

My e55 used to feel like a Saturn 5 rocket after driving the Wife's Alfa Spider 2.0 ...:)

Totally in your mind, give it a couple of days and it will feel 'slow'.

I think I’ll leave it locked away more often, it’s like that new car feeling.

Agreed, that sounds like you've done a throttle reset.

Far wiser minds than mine can comment, but I agree that's what's probably happened.

If it's too aggressive and you drive more gently, it will "moderate" itself as it adjusts to your driving style.

You wait till next year :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom