Car movies all day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
In case anyone hasn't noticed Channel 5 are broadcasting car movies all day today.

1.15 DUEL

2.45 CANNONBALL RUN 2

4.55 BACK TO THE FUTURE ( ok its a stretch :eek:)

8.00 THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS *****

10.10 RONIN *****

If you are into car movies the last two are necessary viewing if you haven't seen them.

Ronin is without doubt excellent, but surely there is room in the top 10 for the original Italian Job?

"Christine" is one to watch, also it has quite possibly the best movie soundtrack ever!

Vanishing point. Transporter. Taxi. Smokey and the Bandit. Oh they're so good. And of course, Talledega Nights (shake 'n' bake)

Original "The Fast and the Furious" debuted to $40.1 million in 2001. The second "2 Fast and 2 Furious" opened to $50.3 million in 2003. The last pic in the franchise, 2006's "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift," opened to $24 million. Combined, the first three titles in the franchise grossed $334.2 million domestically and $267.9 million internationally for a worldwide tally of $602.1 million. Now they are bringing out another [YOUTUBE HD]bcY7HkvF1aw[/YOUTUBE HD] so I guess some people liked it.;)
If you take it as colourful fantasy ride B movie about street racing it works fine. Bit like a video game but with real people. What it does have is a definite "vibe" which can't be said of the multi million dollar budget turkey "Gone in 60 Seconds" that came out at roughly the same time.:eek: I certainly wouldn't rank it with Ronin or Bullit which were great A list movies with a definite plot and characterisation but the F and F franchise is still good mindless entertainment in my book.

"Gone in 60 Seconds" has my vote! Love that fastback Mustang! :)

Ronin is on right now. Wow does Jean Reno drive that S Class well! :)

Ronin is awesome, it made me go and get an A8 a few years ago.

Cannonball Run is pretty funny!

Ronin is awesome, it made me go and get an A8 a few years ago.

I know where you're coming from....it made me get car a few years ago too!

A Citroen XM :eek: (well, it did very well in the car chase too)

Awesome car!

You think I'm joking........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom