Car MUST be in a garage or no cover?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dizwen

Car
C32 AMG
Renewal time and Adrian flux/aviva have added a new clause to my insurance.

The car must be in a garage between the hours of 10pm-6am or they won't cover it if it goes or is damaged by some idiot trying to nick it.

I was told that alot of bike cover is like this and now they are moving onto cars.

Anyone else had this?

No, I think on mine they asked where it was kept 'at night' and I said garage, they didn't specify exact times.

So are you insured if you take it out, get delayed and are driving it after 10?

The reason I ask is a friend of mine had this and the answer he got when he asked is that he wasn't insured. He politely told them to go forth and multiply.

Renewal time and Adrian flux/aviva have added a new clause to my insurance.

The car must be in a garage between the hours of 10pm-6am or they won't cover it if it goes or is damaged by some idiot trying to nick it.

I was told that alot of bike cover is like this and now they are moving onto cars.

Anyone else had this?

yes but normally on exotica

Changed my insurance from overnight in garage to driveway a few years back and there wasn't a great increase in premium. However someone recently told me that it costs more to insure a car on a driveway than a road as statistically more cars are stolen from driveways!
I'd shop around for quotes

PS first heard of this 10 - 6 curfew being an incentive for cheaper insurance for young drivers but it was always an option

So are you insured if you take it out, get delayed and are driving it after 10?

The reason I ask is a friend of mine had this and the answer he got when he asked is that he wasn't insured. He politely told them to go forth and multiply.

I'm insured if i'm out in the car as it's classed as part of a journey, or parked at a mates house. At home it has to be in the garage...

As Dizwen - my 968, if parked at home, has to be in the garage between 10pm and 6am for it to be covered - so the odd occasion I leave it overnight on the driveway it's not insured. However, the only effect changing the overnight storage from garage to driveway had was to increase my excess from £100 to £250. The insurance is with Classic Line, has to be a second car.

A variation on this. One of ours has an agreed value clause. For this to apply it must be garaged when at home between 11pm and 6am. No problem if its somewhere away from home or on a journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom