Car not found - DVLA how to enquire....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
Near our local shops is a 'development' for the older generation with a decent sized car park.

It's been there years, but so has a 6 series convertible that is covered in dirt, has a green roof (should be black) and I dont think has moved for a year or more.
Just saw it again today when popping out for walk to get some milk etc. It looks unmolested and a 'nice' car that's obviously been neglected or forgotten

Now my BIL is a BMW fan, and might be looking for a project, so I will be phoning the management company tomorrow to to enquire on it as the personalised plate doesn't come up on the DVLA or Gov website.

Anybody got suggestions as to why it isn't on there, the MOT or TAX website.
How long might it have been there to have been erased....?

PS all BMW jokes appreciated so I can wind him up but genuinely, this could be interesting (even if it is there for unfortunate reasons, given the year we've just had....)

It's probably been SORN'd, and the personalised plate taken off and put on retention. So the car probably has a 'new' registration corresponding to its age, and the plate is on retention but not allocated to a vehicle, which is why the details don't show anything.

The management company may be able to check ownership with the DVLA using the VIN - I'm not sure about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom