Car Not Recognising Becker Map Pilots?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sledlife

Car
W204 C350 CDI
Hi, I've recently purchased a W204 C350 and it came with the Becker Map Pilot cradle in the glove box, but no device. I picked up a used one which I couldn't get to work for love nor money (looked at lots of guides etc.). I have picked up another one and experience the same thing. Person who provided me with the last one assures it was tested and working. I am wondering if it is an issue with the car itself rather than the Map Pilots? I plug them in, press Navi and it just says 'No Navigation'.

Any ideas where I go from here? Thanks.

Hi, I've recently purchased a W204 C350 and it came with the Becker Map Pilot cradle in the glove box, but no device. I picked up a used one which I couldn't get to work for love nor money (looked at lots of guides etc.). I have picked up another one and experience the same thing. Person who provided me with the last one assures it was tested and working. I am wondering if it is an issue with the car itself rather than the Map Pilots? I plug them in, press Navi and it just says 'No Navigation'.

Any ideas where I go from here? Thanks.
This doesn’t answer your specific query, but I’ve been told that the Becker navigation for W204 era cars is a bit dated.

I had an empty glovebox compartment slot in my car and a couple of weeks ago I bought a plug and play unit from Amazon which runs Apple CarPlay or Android Auto - it literally just plugs in to the Becker slot and works through the car. Not sure how well these things are made, but as it’s through Amazon I have a decent warranty (extended to 3yrs) Obv no need to worry about map updates etc… DAB like (internet) radio also etc etc. The screen isn’t a high res unit but it actually works well enough now I’m used to it. Even have Siri when I press the mic button on steering wheel.

So yeah if you can’t sort your Becker module - its perhaps an alternative solutions. Hopefully the cradle itself or some wiring etc isn’t damaged. I don’t understand why you would see No module when connected.

This doesn’t answer your specific query, but I’ve been told that the Becker navigation for W204 era cars is a bit dated.

I had an empty glovebox compartment slot in my car and a couple of weeks ago I bought a plug and play unit from Amazon which runs Apple CarPlay or Android Auto - it literally just plugs in to the Becker slot and works through the car. Not sure how well these things are made, but as it’s through Amazon I have a decent warranty (extended to 3yrs) Obv no need to worry about map updates etc… DAB like (internet) radio also etc etc. The screen isn’t a high res unit but it actually works well enough now I’m used to it. Even have Siri when I press the mic button on steering wheel.

So yeah if you can’t sort your Becker module - its perhaps an alternative solutions. Hopefully the cradle itself or some wiring etc isn’t damaged. I don’t understand why you would see No module when connected.
Thank you for the reply, I am on the verge of giving up with the Becker units as I wonder if all the hassle is worth it just to be left with a somewhat outdated nav unit.

I did wonder if anything else would would work in the Becker cradle and that's interesting to know you can pick up other devices that use the same slot. Are you able to share with me please the device you picked up on Amazon? Thanks

Here’s what I purchased.
Road Top Wireless Carplay Retrofit Kit Decoder for Mercedes Benz C/E/CLA/GLA/GLK/CLS/ML/GL/GLK/SLK with NTG4.5 2012-2015 Year, Support Carplay, Android Auto,Mirrorlink, Camera (Plug & Play) https://amzn.eu/d/2oeVTRz

I’m a bit of a sceptic so I also added 3yr warranty for peace of mind. The same units are available on eBay for around £165 but I was concerned about something going wrong.

Took a little getting used to but I’m now v happy with it. I jump in and it seamlessly connects to my phone and fires up CarPlay. Siri works and phone calls are clear. A little bit of careful setup with Bluetooth is all that’s needed. Some pics below:
B4F27D24-E891-4714-ADC2-B23178A3498D.jpeg6AB6538F-FD18-4E23-94D2-96BEB3568ACF.jpeg91E673CB-42D8-4B33-BAE3-FEE97A53C6C5.jpegA659F819-FB68-4D3D-BBBE-718CC6397B82.jpegDED92300-6933-4000-954D-6FE39F3CC306.jpegA9875A09-AA6B-42B1-8956-8F66F2536492.jpeg

Look promising, thanks. I didn't want to go down the route of having a sat nav stuck to the windscreen, so I will definitely be looking into one of these.

I brought this module off Amazon and when I plug in it dosent seem to want to connect to the car. I click the navigation button and it just shows a screen saying ‘no navigation’ did you have this and if so would you be able to help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom