car out of hibernation advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasons

SUPPORTER
Car
w204 c220 cdi sport
hi my w202 has been off the road since the beginning of October as I thought we were going to have a harsh winter with loads of snow/salt on the roads,anyway I want to put her back on the road to be honest I have missed driving her,the battery had been disconnected and has been on a battery conditioner all this time,is there anything I should do before reconnecting and starting her,should I turn the engine over by hand before cranking and should I do an oil change before starting.

Just start it up and drive it gently after checking :
tyre pressures
oil level
coolant level
washer level
wiper blade condition.

Brakes will be rusty but clean off after a few applications so go easy first few miles.

Then off you go...................

Last edited:
jasons said:
hi my w202 has been off the road since the beginning of October as I thought we were going to have a harsh winter with loads of snow/salt on the roads,anyway I want to put her back on the road to be honest I have missed driving her,the battery had been disconnected and has been on a battery conditioner all this time,is there anything I should do before reconnecting and starting her,should I turn the engine over by hand before cranking and should I do an oil change before starting.

No.

If it were mine it crank it over until the oil light goes out..

l be dumping the oil. Consider the last time the car was running and evaluate from there.

As said above...just start it and get on with your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom