Car Park Dings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

94mattda

SUPPORTER
Car
E220 Coupe, Porsche Boxster
Hi..... my better half drives an MX5and it has a few very small car park dints on the door. They are not creased but are too small to use suckers on and pull them out... does any one know where these can be removed.... found mobile auto dent removers.... just wanted to know experiences etc....

Can any one reccomend any one..... South west preferably...

Not sure where you need the help (as in location) but speak to Dent Man on this forum..

I have seen some really nasty dents removed by the guys I use called dent master, I think they are uk wide.

But really I have been shocked, As long as the paint is not cracked your good to go, Unless there is a bar or strut behind it.

Hi..... my better half drives an MX5and it has a few very small car park dints on the door. They are not creased but are too small to use suckers on and pull them out... does any one know where these can be removed.... found mobile auto dent removers.... just wanted to know experiences etc....

Can any one reccomend any one..... South west preferably...

Where exactly are you?

PM me if you don't want to say on the forum.

Paul

Where exactly are you?

PM me if you don't want to say on the forum.

Paul

Hi..... thankyou... i am in the end of no where......Plymouth..... butteh car is in Cardiff which is not too bad...

I used The Dent Clinic recently and didn't realise that he was a fellow forum member. It's as if the dent never happened! What more can I say, highly recommended.

Hi..... thankyou... i am in the end of no where......Plymouth..... butteh car is in Cardiff which is not too bad...

The closest i get to you is Chepstow. :(

Can you get down to Salisbury? I have a a door ding from someone's 4x4.
Cheers,
Nick

Hi carnut

Yes i do repair aluminium panels..........BUT

You're right - this material stretches VERY easily - AND work hardens too.

I've borrowed an extract from another site to explain....

The first factor to think about is that steel has memory, aluminum does not. A damaged aluminum panel will not remember that it was a previous shape. An aluminum panel that has been reshaped due to collision forces will take on a new shape and forget the old shape.

The next factor is that when this reshaping occurs, the aluminum panel will also undergo some work hardening. Work hardening is strengthening through shaping. Typically, the more the damage that there is, the more work hardening that takes place. So not only did the aluminum panel get damaged, but it got stronger.

When considering these factors, the size of the damage becomes a consideration. A repair that can be done on a steel door with a reasonable crease may not be feasible on an aluminum door with similar damage. What if the damage is on a bodyline or crown? Bodylines and crowns not only enhance the appearance of a vehicle, they strengthen the panel. These areas have already been work hardened once during the initial stamping process. Collision damage has now work-hardened these areas again, strengthening them even more. Small damage in areas such as this will offer high resistance to straightening.

So, the extent of the dent is a critical factor. If its a little deep or sharp then its unlikely to repair. Most dents on alu panels are bad (because they're soft). Occasionally i get nice soft dents on alu.....these generally come out fine, although, repairing them properly takes more skill because the alu work hardens and wont stand being manipulated like steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom