Car Park Incident. Who will pay for the damage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Thankfully not my car (I just wouldn't let the situation happen in the first place). Serves him right I'd say.

From the Full Fat Range Rover forum. LINK.

Wonder who will pay.

A mate of mine was at An Aldi yesterday day and a new range silver rover pulled in and parked at the doors on a double yellow line.
A delivery wagon could not get access so asked him would he move and got a lot of abuse and basically said no its staying where it is at.
So the wagon driver had a few goes at reversing in to unload and last go he took both doors and rear quarter out and a window and damaged door pillar.
icon_eek.gif
icon_bigcry.gif

He said the driver said you are on private land and its down to you it got a bit heated so my mate left.
BUT WHY SHOULD A PERSON WHO CAN AFFORD A NEW RANGE ROVER WANT TO GO AND SHOP AT ALDI
icon_wink.gif

Whats your views lads, my mate wanted to take a photo but he said it was not worth the hassle.

Personally I think it should go 50/50. Lorry clearly reversed into car. Car driver is a **** and got what he deserved and given that he was given the chance to move should shoulder some responsibility.

"my mate wanted to take a photo but he said it was not worth the hassle"

Sounds a right richard head....

Not even worth a question really.

The car driver may not get much sympathy - but the choice to carry out the manoeuvre and the judgement and care used when carrying it out is the truck driver's.

Worse for the truck driver is - asking the parked car to move demonstrates that he/she knew before starting the manoeuvre that it was risky.

That increases the culpability of the truck driver - just as it makes the RR driver more of a tw*t.

As for the comment about RR drivers shopping in Aldi. WTF has that got to do with anything apart from prejudice?

As posted, covered under road traffic act, Delivery driver is fully responsible, if he could not have completed his maneuver in a safe manner without affecting pedestrians or vehicles then he should not have attempted it and waited. Makes no difference if the RR was illegally parked or not. Plenty of precedence on pistonheads, pepipoo etc..

RR driver does sound deliberately obstructive though for no reason :doh:

Drivers like this RR make my blood boil.
The delivery driver should have just parked him in and gone for his 45 mins legally enforced break.

I often want to take photos. But putting my hand into my pocket, pulling my phone out, pressing one button, a swipe, and another push is just WAAAAYY too much hassle...

Edit to add:
It such a shame that people like this, a tiny minority, give drivers of a brand a bad reputation. It seems increasingly so, and it seems RR and Audi are the worst at the moment. I'm always fair and polite on the road, but so often when you see someone being arrogant/rude/impatient/dangeorus you just think, ah yes, it's a xxx driver again... (That said, I saw a peugeot on a death wish this morning...) Such a shame.

Last edited:
It such a shame that people like this, a tiny minority, give drivers of a brand a bad reputation. It seems increasingly so, and it seems RR and Audi are the worst at the moment. I'm always fair and polite on the road, but so often when you see someone being arrogant/rude/impatient/dangeorus you just think, ah yes, it's a xxx driver again...

Audis are the worst. Always travelling too fast, except the A4's which always look like they are stationery.

As others say, it's 100% the responsibility of the delivery driver. It may be private land but it's a public place. The injured party can demand to have any Aldi CCTV images, after paying a reasonable administration charge which he can add to the value of his claim.

Having said that, the RR driver was in full 4 x 4 "I'm a tool" mode and gets no sympathy from me for the fact he didn't get photos or exchange details and now either pays himself or has a load of extra hassle to get it sorted.

As nb_driver says, the delivery driver should have parked up and blocked him. I've been drawn to this more than once when there's been a 4 x 4 / white van / BMW parked in a disabled bay.

......BUT WHY SHOULD A PERSON WHO CAN AFFORD A NEW RANGE ROVER WANT TO GO AND SHOP AT ALDI...

Buying at Aldi? Perhaps this is how he managed to save-up to a Range-Rover... :D

Nowt wrong with Aldi. They sell some good stuff at good prices, including tools that are way superior to the ones you sometimes find in Range Rovers. :D

Did this actually happen ??

It has the whiff of a work of fiction about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom