Car Park Misery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
Well I've had my CLK for 4 weeks today......and yes its happened, went to local retail park to pick up my wifes birthday presents....and 1 hour after parking not 1 but 2 door dings in my passenger door!!:mad:

Why can't people do something as simple as open a car door without hitting the next car??:doh:

I parked on my own in an end space to minimise any chance of this:wallbash:

Its strange, no actual dent, its scraped / rucked up the paint thro the top coat.....any reccomendations...i really dont want to be jhaving a whole door resprayed, anyone experience of small paint repairs?

The marks are, probably 3-4 mm long / 2mm wide + paint rucking of another 2mm. On picture its the 2 marks above and to right of my foot!
Spent last night reading threads on detailing....things like this make me think why bother..some idiot will just riun it!!!!

Last edited:
The pic looks like a dodgy shot of your trousers and some paving, where's the door?

Probably best to have a chat with a local bodyshop re fixing small dings.

Looks like you've peed yourself in the photo too!

Seriously though, if there is no dent why not use a touch up stick carefully (using a toothpick) and see how you get on. You can polish back any protruding bump once it has cured.

S

Cheers......forgot to mention had just given car a quick rinse and dry to make sure no other damage lurking!

What a shame! It's why I never take anything decent to the shops. I used to keep a beaten up Mazda for trips to the shops. It's amazing how far people will park from a car that looked like that one did, whereas they don't seem to mind coming over the line when it's all nice and shiny.

I'd give it to a panelbeater and ask him to touch it up. I've personally not had any success with touch up paints, but a panelbeater would know what he was doing. Good luck with the repair.

That is a very good question. When you park far away to avoid people parking next to you, you're sitting there all by yourself and some muppet will park right next to you when there are 15 other spaces to choose from. Why do they do it? To stop their car from being lonely?

That is a very good question. When you park far away to avoid people parking next to you, you're sitting there all by yourself and some muppet will park right next to you when there are 15 other spaces to choose from. Why do they do it? To stop their car from being lonely?

I find this as well. I've concluded it's because they are morons who want to dent my car.

Sorry to hear about your problem. It's certainly no laughing matter, as minor as it is. I'm dreading the same happening to my brand new C350 so much that this morning even though it was p***ing down I parked many rows away from the entrance to Tesco in an almost deserted part of the car park to avoid the door asbos. When I returned there was an old Fiesta right next to me and nothing else for a dozen or so spaces either side. I put it down to the insecurity of the driver not wanting to be alone. :wallbash:

i always park in the mummys section, larger bays less chance of some idiot denting your door,

The Daily Mash books are classic.

51pYBVvbFvL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Book Description
"The Daily Mail - Like spending 20 minutes in a mental hospital."

'Welcome to the Mental Hospital' is the latest book from the writers of the Daily Mash, Britain's biggest satire website. This affectionate tribute to the nation's most dangerously unhinged newspaper features 'star patients' including Melanie Phlaps, Jan Faeces and The Voices Inside Liz Jones's Head. The 112 colour-packed pages of terrifying news, unsettling features and incredibly disturbed opinions includes 67.4% brand new material, chaperoned by the best of the Mash from 2011 posing in one of Peter Hitchens' loose-fitting nightgowns.

"You give us 20 minutes and we'll give you the world. Unless it has been turned into one massive gypsy camp, in which case you only have yourselves - and the homosexuals who run the BBC - to blame."

And

51-EO4WXjcL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-big,TopRight,35,-73_OU02_AA300_.jpg

Delivering the stories THEY don’t want you to read, including: • People who know how to ****ing park on brink of extinction • Fat kids to be chased to school by dogs • Vatican to build huge telescope in hunt for Jesus • Estate agents will starve to death, says upbeat report • UK threat level raised to ‘Underpants’ • Free bank with every new mobile • Britain strikes gold in sport no one watches • Ferguson apologises to premenstrual Reading fans • Beckham unable to pronounce ‘Scientology’ Meanwhile Agony Aunt Petula Soul tackles a diverse range of bizarre sexual problems and astrologer Psychic Bob maps your mystic future (‘There’s always a chance you’ll get something you have been wanting for a long time. But there’s a much bigger chance you won’t’). Plus: opinion polls, talking dogs and an absolutely gigantic rat. ‘Makes the New Testament look like a lot of insane, voodoo rubbish’ – Rt Rev. Tom Logan, St Clive’s, Taunton

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your comments.....just needed to vent the frustration!

I find my nice big side steps on my g wagen fend off car doors nicely...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom