Car park scrape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Laters

Car
Honda CR-V
Had to happen just as I was trying to sort out part numbers for springs and planning to replace a few bits and pieces and spend some money.

I was looking out of my friends window over in the direction of the car park (supermarket car park) where my car was parked (watching the snow) & debating if we should go out for the day or stay in.

When we both noticed the car that was parked next to my car reversing out and getting very close. So close my car started to rock and move.
I walked out of the house across the road to find the driver of a newish Vauxhall slowly moving off.
After banging on the window they stopped and she gave me her details.

I'm currently waiting for the repairer (my insurance has instructed them) to contact me in relation to inspecting my car & finding out what is going to happen.

Most of the white marks down the side appear to be burnt plastic from the other parties car.

The damage I can see is a couple of dents to the front of the arch, a crease going all the way down the rear quarter (that are maybe a 4 or 5 mm deep),
a couple of scrapes on the wheel & marks all down the rear bumper along with paint damage that starts on the door and goes all the way back.
side.jpg

quarter.jpg

arch.jpg

wheel.jpg

It never Rains Hey!
Just be glad you managed to catch her....she would have been out of there if you were not on your toes.....

Gutted for you mate, hope it gets sorted soon.

If she was moving off she would have got both barrels from me and perhaps a call to plod for failing to stop after accident......

If she was moving off she would have got both barrels from me and perhaps a call to plod for failing to stop after accident......

Me too I hate this type of thing, had it happen to me twice (different cars). Its why I now park in the furthest spaces available where the bays next to my car are normally always empty.

Me too I hate this type of thing, had it happen to me twice (different cars). Its why I now park in the furthest spaces available where the bays next to my car are normally always empty.

That's what I always try to do but then someone generally decides to park next to me, although the car park is still relatively empty!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, hope it gets sorted quickly - glad you managed to stop the other driver.

Whether you're doing that without realising or you know you're doing it and don't care, you don't deserve the privilege of holding a driving license. :mad::mad::mad:

That's what I always try to do but then someone generally decides to park next to me, although the car park is still relatively empty!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, hope it gets sorted quickly - glad you managed to stop the other driver.

That's a good thing. You can then bet the other driver is doing it for the same reason and drives carefully because of it.

Gutted :(

I hope you werent nice to her, 1min later and you would have had to claim this on your own insurance!

That behaviour infuriates me. Glad you stopped her.

I always try to avoid parking next to 2 door cars too. The extra length of the door often leads to a ding.

With a bit of luck it'll be a write off & you can buy it back for a couple of hundred, fix it up & drive it for years for free!

...and cars with baby seats in the back, and 7 seaters, and anything French or from Vauxhall, etc etc etc :thumb:

i'm also cautious (and avoid if i can) cars with baby seats in the back.

(a) because young kids who are not educated properly by their parents open their doors and bang against your car. not really the kids fault if very young, its the parents who dont tell them to be careful, keep locks on and open the door for them (as i do with my young kids).

(b) mothers putting little baby/toddler in the car park. bending over strapping him in, her ar$e pushes her door out onto my car.

really annoys me when people dont care.

pleased you caught her.

If you hadn't told her, she would have prolly been oblivious, and be telling he SO that someone had scraped HER car, and driven off without telling her!

(a) because young kids who are not educated properly by their parents open their doors and bang against your car. not really the kids fault if very young, its the parents who dont tell them to be careful, keep locks on and open the door for them (as i do with my young kids).

(b) mothers putting little baby/toddler in the car park. bending over strapping him in, her ar$e pushes her door out onto my car.

pleased you caught her.

i bet your a bundle of laughs!

pleased you caught her.

Me too, although we have a baby seat in ours.
;) My wife & I are always cautious when putting our daughter in and out of the car (and with us opening our own doors in restricted spaces.)

Funniest thing I've heard (if you can call it that) when I kicked up a fuss after a friends car door got attacked by another car was "it's just a car".

Gutted for you, I have recieved a letter from the plod this morning saying that someone has reported me for reversing into a parked car in a railway station car park. Time of incident is 1105 and they are asking who was the driver, and that I can be prosecuted for driving without due care and attention and failure to stop after an accident.
Now here's the good bit, when I came out from work that day (which is in the signalbox facing where my car was parked all day from 0700 until 1300) my rear passenger side light was smashed and a big dent under the light. I was gutted at the time but have now got cctv evidence from the station car park showing a silver car drive in then straight back out at this time and also my car go in at 0700 and come out at 1315.
My boss had also wrote a letter that states I cannot leave the signalbox as I have numerous trains to signal and it is impossible for me to leave the box and go for a drive.
I have spoke to the police about an hour ago and they said to send in this evidence and we will take it from there. I am absolutely fuming and hope they throw the book at these chancing fraudsters(can't put swear words on here). Sorry it was long winded.

I've just got back from the insurance repair centre, the guy looked round the car and said its a easy repair that they will fix it no problem till he worked out its a 1998 car.:eek:

He then said that it will be a close call:mad: and started talking about if the insurance decide that its not going to be repaired to buy it back and get it sorted myself.:)

Now I,ve got to wait till end of this week or early next week to find out if its going to be fixed or not. All depends on what the insurance value it at.:doh:

Gutted for you, I have recieved a letter from the plod this morning saying that someone has reported me for reversing into a parked car in a railway station car park. Time of incident is 1105 and they are asking who was the driver, and that I can be prosecuted for driving without due care and attention and failure to stop after an accident.
Now here's the good bit, when I came out from work that day (which is in the signalbox facing where my car was parked all day from 0700 until 1300) my rear passenger side light was smashed and a big dent under the light. I was gutted at the time but have now got cctv evidence from the station car park showing a silver car drive in then straight back out at this time and also my car go in at 0700 and come out at 1315.
My boss had also wrote a letter that states I cannot leave the signalbox as I have numerous trains to signal and it is impossible for me to leave the box and go for a drive.
I have spoke to the police about an hour ago and they said to send in this evidence and we will take it from there. I am absolutely fuming and hope they throw the book at these chancing fraudsters(can't put swear words on here). Sorry it was long winded.

Man, they didn't even have the common courtesy to leave something like this on your windscreen:):

Attachments

• fail-owned-accident-note-fail.jpg
    fail-owned-accident-note-fail.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 191
A quick update to this thread.
After a good few phone calls to sort out the claim my car went in for repair today.

They say that it should be ready either late this week or more likely early next week.

I cant wait as the car they have lent me is a VW tiguan with a manual gearbox:(
2008_VW_Tiguan_5_(400x300).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom