Car parks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveatpipex

Car
CLK 270 and BMW Z4 with a VFR750 sadly off the road
Don't know about the rest of you but I am always careful where I park the car, particularly in pub (no drinking of course!) and supermarket car parks. I'll walk the extra few yards to avoid a dent in the door, and especially avoid cars with kiddy seats in them.

I couldn't help smile to myself the other day when going to a local hotel for evening meal. I saw a gorgeous Aston Martin V8 parked by itself a few yards away from the main car park. Obvioulsy another careful owner i thought.

When I came out though a manky Ford Fiesta had been parked right next to it, quite close - imagine the look on the Aston owners face until had had checked his car out! Some people have a strange sense of humour!:p

I'm the same as you, I park as far away from the rest of the punters as possible, in order to minimise door dings. However, when I used to drive a tatty old Peugeot 504, I used to park next to prestige motors thinking "If someone's gonna target a car, then they'll choose the posh one over mine". I guess you can't win :p

*EDIT* The 'park as far away as you can from other numpties' method doesn't always work...
http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6852
I really was in a space all by myself and this eejit had a whole carpark to choose from and she still rolls up millimetres away from my vehicle. I was fuming at the time. Oh and the woman did pay in the end, about 6 months after the event. :rolleyes:

S.

Last edited:
Its heart breaking to see door dings on you car done by "careless/ignorant" people that have no respect for other peoples' property.

If you park too far away from the main area watch out for T leaves, I used to park well away then my car got broken into now I find an end spot if I can, or even better sit in the car while the wife does the shopping.

gary

Flash said:
Its heart breaking to see door dings on you car done by "careless/ignorant" people that have no respect for other peoples' property.

I always feel better by returning the 'favour' with my foot ...... ;)

There is a solution to car par dings, just dont go into them, save your parking for the next GTG. Lots of careful owners atthose :D

Howard said:
I always feel better by returning the 'favour' with my foot ...... ;)

yep thats what i would do.... someone had banged a small ding in the wife's Picasso in a car park - i knew it was them as the position was correct where the door would touch as a nice red paint mark from the red car on my wife's silver car....

i put my fist to their door before i left. unfortunatly i dont think it made any marks & i doubt they cared anyway.

in my beemer i always park in the middle of no-where, to much annoyance of the wife.... but some prat always parks next to me in some £200 car....

if i can i do use parent & child spaces (when i have my son in the car) as the gap between cars is really wide so no one dings your car....

people take the piss when i park away from the busy few spaces even if there is a space outside the main door..... but i dont have any dings on my car yet unlike them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom