Car parks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car... & W202 C200
A friend of mine came to stay for the weekend, bringing with her her brand new (well, 1 week old) Volvo C70 (new-style folding metal roof job).

She decided to go shopping at the White Rose Centre in Leeds on Saturday afternoon and parked it away from other cars to ensure the doors didn't get dinged.

When she returned to the car, someone had obviously tried to pull into the space next to her and not swung in properly, leaving a foot-long scratch and two 3-4 inch-long dents on the nearside rear wheelarch. No note, of course, and no cars parked close by with tell-tale blue paint on their bumpers.

She went back to the shopping centre and asked if the car park is on CCTV, which it isn't.

Can anyone think of anything else she can try to track down the b*****d who did it?

Unless there are CCTV's or witnesses, not much I guess... Might be worth checking CCTV's at the entrance/exit (maybe from a building opposite?) for a car leaving around that time with a bump/scratch...

That said, I have no idea how you could incriminate them...

Spinal

Did the other car leave any of its' paint on your friend's car ? If so this can perhaps be analysed to give a make & possibly model ...

Ummm.. nope

Need evidence of the person who committed the damage.
A witness or CCTV images a good start.

The insurance company is unlikely to pursue with anything less.
Unlikely to interest the police unless somebody was injured.

If you found the person, what can you prove ?
Sad fact of life, hence insurance..

Last edited:
Unfortunatelty, there is no way of tracking this vehicle down with a "sucessful" outcome under the circumstances.

She is just better of claiming from her insurer or getting the job done privately and if possible should try and get the entire side of the car that was damaged fully resprayed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom