Car parts 4 less, terrible customer service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Railwayman

SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 200
Ordered a rear exhaust box from them for my daughters Micra, used the reg No to source part and only one was shown. On arrival found the part would not fit due to wrong pipe connection (partly my fault should have looked).

Phoned them Monday morning to return item and after being on hold for 15 mins, young lady took my details and said customer care would contact me later that day, no call back, rang them late afternoon and was in queue for 25 mins and gave up. Emailed them same evening and received auto response, as of posting this have emailed them again and not a peep. Morale of story is there good on prices (have used them many times but never till now returned an item) but crap at returns.

TBF it does say on their website that they've just moved warehouse and seems they're a bit manic at the minute.

contact-us

I thought this was just EuroCarParts under a different name and delivery only? :dk:

I used to buy exhaust parts on ebay. They were cheaper than EuroCarParts etc and less likely to mess you about on a return because you can leave negative feedback. I did do one return of a front down pipe with no trouble at all.

TBF it does say on their website that they've just moved warehouse and seems they're a bit manic at the minute.

contact-us

I thought this was just EuroCarParts under a different name and delivery only? :dk:

it is , cheaper too .

Agree, I placed an order, phoned to cancel they said it has all been cancelled sir. Then a few days later the parts turn up. I thought it’s whatever and fitted them anyway :p

Reactions: GLK
I used to buy exhaust parts on ebay. They were cheaper than EuroCarParts etc and less likely to mess you about on a return because you can leave negative feedback. I did do one return of a front down pipe with no trouble at all.

Brought the back box on E bay and fitted it yesterday, £4 less and free postage, quality seems fair. Still not a peep out of car parts 4 less, a one line email stating they will deal with it when time allows is not to much to ask.

Just to counter this:

I ordered a set of Bosch wiper blades from them on a Sunday, delivery note suggested shipping was from Germany but parts arrived in two days rather than the expected 3-4.

After a week one wiper blade developed a fault as the rubber and metal supports came out of the guide. I emailed them, had a reply within 15 minutes and they immediately offered to ship a replacement which also arrived after 2 days.

Just to counter this:

I ordered a set of Bosch wiper blades from them on a Sunday, delivery note suggested shipping was from Germany but parts arrived in two days rather than the expected 3-4.

After a week one wiper blade developed a fault as the rubber and metal supports came out of the guide. I emailed them, had a reply within 15 minutes and they immediately offered to ship a replacement which also arrived after 2 days.

Not trying to rubbish them, just stating the facts, have brought many parts off them over the years and never had a problem till now. Will have another go at emailing them now.

Not trying to rubbish them, just stating the facts, have brought many parts off them over the years and never had a problem till now. Will have another go at emailing them now.

I did not suggest you were trying to "rubbish" them, just stating the facts.

Did you ever post about the many successful transactions?

Now Friday, 3 further emails all with auto reply and still nothing, never quick to post on poor service as we all can make mistakes but no meaningful reply's at all is beyond the pale. Last order I will place with them and Euro parts.

As for posting on successful transactions, no, as I expect successful transactions.

Now Friday, 3 further emails all with auto reply and still nothing, never quick to post on poor service as we all can make mistakes but no meaningful reply's at all is beyond the pale. Last order I will place with them and Euro parts.

As for posting on successful transactions, no, as I expect successful transactions.
I'm going through the this at the moment. They sent me the wrong oil filter. A tiny little thing that's not even listed as being for Mercedes on theirs or MANN's websites.
Got the obligatory response reply email from them, then nothing for the last 4 days. No response whatsoever to my emails sent since.

I'm going through the this at the moment. They sent me the wrong oil filter. A tiny little thing that's not even listed as being for Mercedes on theirs or MANN's websites.
Got the obligatory response reply email from them, then nothing for the last 4 days. No response whatsoever to my emails sent since.

Glad its not just me then;)

Finally got in contact with them after another 15 min phone hold, lady told me its due to downsizing from 2 warehouses to one and they will arrange a pickup at my home, not holding my breath thou.

Well Euro Car Parts are in a mess as well,ordered a glow plug for my S221 on a Sunday afternoon,on the Thursday I ring and was told that they have moved warehouses and it is taking longer to complete orders,in the mean time I was getting emails saying I had not completed the order even though I had the invoice,the part arrived on the next Tuesday.given this was a glow plug and they sent it in a envelope by Royal Mail it was poor service.

Well Euro Car Parts are in a mess as well,ordered a glow plug for my S221 on a Sunday afternoon,on the Thursday I ring and was told that they have moved warehouses and it is taking longer to complete orders,in the mean time I was getting emails saying I had not completed the order even though I had the invoice,the part arrived on the next Tuesday.given this was a glow plug and they sent it in a envelope by Royal Mail it was poor service.
Maybe they were having some difficulty identifying your S221.

I like CP4L...part of a delivery was leaking and the refused. Contacted them on E-mail a couple of times without response. Opened a PP dispute mainly to get their attention, which as you’ve guessed went unanswered. Full refund and kept the balance of the order.

Clowns [emoji23]

Now been a week since I spoke to "customer services" who assured me they would send a returns label urgently, still nothing. Feel I need to edit the title page to "Non existent services" Will try and raise the issue with Paypal next.

I ordered brake disc and pads from ECP, paid on line, then got an e mail day later to say problem with order, please phone. 30 mins on hold, only to be told its a security check, so asked when items will be delivered, next week now because weekend in the way, i stated its your fault the order was delayed, you should pay for express delivery, fell on death ears.
Checked order again tonight, still being processed, so went on line chat, waited two hours for response, it just closed down, no one there.
ECP customer service stinks, i will be complaining, as was promised parts today or tomorrow, now next thursday.

They are linked to EuroCarParts and I usually find if you wait for a Euro's discount code price difference is minimal with advantage of any issue you can easily return to Euros...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom