\car phone connection for i phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sabre1966

Car
Cl65AMG Vito Sport X
Just bought an 04 CL65 amg, its got the phone holder but no phone, anybody know what i have to do to connect my iphone?

What do you mean by phone holder? Does it have a curly wire coming out of it?

Last edited:
thanks for the reply, No! it has the existing phone and holder in the arm rest which looks like it used to house a Nokia. the phone is not with the car although the guy suggested i would need a bit of kit to make sure it would pick up my iphone on bluetooth ?

advice appreciated.

I think that you can unclip the nokia holder and get youself an iphone holder from MB at around £180, clip it in and pair up the phone.

The bluetooth 6210 converter can be bought in the UK for around the £70 mark, I have a CARK-91 and I Googled it. I think I'll just have it removed though, mine is installed onto the dash.

The car has the earlier Nokia 6150/6210/6310i cradle. Therefore without costly rewiring the viseeo MBU-1000 is the best/cost effective solution.

You have the older mercedes phone system with the fixed nokia cradle (not the same as the aftermarket nokia carkit) so you need the MBU-1000. It plugs into the Nokia cradle you already have and lets you pair a phone to the system via bluetooth.

As Alfie said above it will be costly to re-wire the car to retrofit the newer UHI exchangeable cradle system.

Last edited:
I took mine into the dealer and they sorted it all out.
Although iphone is wasted in the merc, tbh

Although iphone is wasted in the merc, tbh

Surely someone does a reasonable and affordable iPhone dock?? AND you would think that there would be some way to reuse the Nokia kit speaker, microphone, and aerial etc. that is so very carefully and professionally fitted (to my car at least). Maybe that's a gap in the market....

I know there's the likes of TomTom who do a kit, and other 'bluetooth' solutions require the phone to be put away which isn't ideal if you do have TomTom or CoPilot on the phone.

Last edited:
Surely someone does a reasonable and affordable iPhone dock?? AND you would think that there would be some way to reuse the Nokia kit speaker, microphone, and aerial etc. that is so very carefully and professionally fitted (to my car at least). Maybe that's a gap in the market....

I know there's the likes of TomTom who do a kit, and other 'bluetooth' solutions require the phone to be put away which isn't ideal if you do have TomTom or CoPilot on the phone.

These people do a mount Carcomm - Products

But you still need a seperate bluetooth kit to be properly legal. The Nokia kit is quite old now, and given the complexity of modern phones many are not ideal to be used even in a mount.

PS The UK stockist is rubish. Every time I have ordered anything they go out of stock. The netherlands supplier ships to the UK for not much more....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom